I refused to get impressions for retainers today!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

victory1

I refused to get impressions for retainers today!!

#1 Post by victory1 »

Today I had an ortho appointment and she had some excited news; my braces would be removed on my next visit. I politely declined to have the impressions made for my retainers because there was a couple of things I was not happy with and I don't think I'm ready to have my braces removed until they where addressed. She kept asking me what is it about my smile, I did not like? I told her 1st of all, I can see my bite from left side to right side is not the same. I can still see very tiny spaces on the far right side (which I'm sure will look bigger when the braces are removed). There are 2 orthos in that practice and my next appointment is on 9/13; I heard the assistant telling the scheduler that the ortho I had today request that she schedule me on a day the other one is the office. I don't care! I'm paying for this and I plan to be happy with my results!

Xero

#2 Post by Xero »

Good for you! You didn't pay for all this money to not have perfect teeth! That does sound strange, though. The ortho should be the one to know if there's problems with your teeth.
About three years since being braced. Changed ortho twice, so it's hard to keep track.

A very special thanks to KK & linda21 for constantly reading my log. Thanks!

tin_grin

#3 Post by tin_grin »

Wow, I admire you, Victory! How tempting to be finally (almost) getting your braces off, but insisting on keeping them until you are happy with the results. I hope the other doctor is more professional. Good luck! :wink:

bracesmom

#4 Post by bracesmom »

I agree with the others. You shouldn't have your braces removed until you are satisfied. It would be one thing if the ortho told you it COULDN'T be done. But if it is correctable then by all means, it should get corrected!
Advocating for our nation's waiting children at Adoptive Parents Network

ingyandbert

#5 Post by ingyandbert »

Is it possible the 1st ortho asked that you see the 2nd one so that he/she can give a 2nd opinion?

victory1

#6 Post by victory1 »

The ortho that I'm suppose to see in my next visit is the one I started with; I saw her exclusively for almost a year and then suddenly I got the other one the past 3 visits and that's the one I refused to get the impressions. So I'm happy my next appointment is with the one I saw exclusively for the 1st 12 months of my treatment. I was actually very upset 5 months ago when I showed up and there was a different orthodontist there; it was explained to me that they share the practice and show up on different days. The assistant asked the scheduler to make sure my appointment fell on the day that my original is there. My friend recommended my original ortho and until I showed up for my appointment 5 months ago I did not even know there was another one in that office.

kida

I dont think i'm finished ortho ready to deband

#7 Post by kida »

HelP!!! MY ortho is ready to deband and I still want a couple of things fixed. I'm afraid he's going to say I refuse to do anything else. Can I do anything? I still have a tooth that is crooked on the bottom and has a gap.