How Many Teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dramagyrl

How Many Teeth?

#1 Post by Dramagyrl »

I saw this topic a little bit in a forum before and wanted to clarify.

How many teeth are people supposed to have? Is there a specific number, or it can depend on the ortho's plan?

I've had my wisdoms and four more molars pulled. I've been told I had too small of a mouth to hold all my teeth. I'm still wondering houw the four new extraction gaps will be filled, but that will come with time. In the meantime, I have 12 teeth on the top, 12 on the bottom- 14 in total. They don't all match either, I had one canine removed in the midst of extractions, etc. But the numbers match on the top and bottom.

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Hi Dramagyrl,

I don't think there can be a certain number of teeth that we are all supposed to have. I currently have 12 on top (will be 10 after my extractions) and 11 on the bottom. I have a very small mouth and barely have enough room for those!

Interesting question. I wonder how this compares to others?

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I have 12 top and bottom. I have large teeth and a fairly small mouth. I had my widsom teeth out at 21 and all 4 1st bicuspids out as a teen.
My ortho is hoping not to have to remove anymore teeth, he said he will shave a bit of enamel off to make space if need be.

Samantha08

#4 Post by Samantha08 »

I had all four of my wisdom teeth out, so I have 14 on top and 14 on bottom. :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

LP

#5 Post by LP »

I'm left with 12 on the top and 12 on the bottom after the removal of all 4 wisdom teeth and 2 bicuspids and 2 molars.

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

15 upstairs and 14 downstairs, plus an impacted upper wisdom tooth sitting way up in my upper jaw. I managed to keep 2 out of three wisdom teeth.

nvcarissa

#7 Post by nvcarissa »

I started out with 16 up top and 14 below. I never had wisdom teeth in my bottom jaw...they just never developed. A dentist years ago told me I was a mutant. My upper wisdom teeth were removed at my surgery since moving my jaw forward would no longer give them any teeth to rest on. So now I have 28 teeth.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

jcdamon3

#8 Post by jcdamon3 »

I have 28 teeth after the 4 wisdom teeth were extracted when I was 16.

I get to keep all my teeth because I have a huge mouth! Okay no comments.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Henna_the_braceface

#9 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I've got 12 on top and 12 on bottom... I had 4 premolars removed.

Gennel

#10 Post by Gennel »

I have 14 on top and 12 below . I still have all my wisdom teeth and no plans for them to be extracted since they won't cause any crowding issues after I get braces off. I had 4 extractions on bottom and 2 on top.

Gennel

OneTime

#11 Post by OneTime »

I have 28 now, wisdom teeth was extracted when I was a kid.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

SamanthaClavier

#12 Post by SamanthaClavier »

i have 29 (1 thats imapcted that needs to be cut put in the fueture,on top i forgot what side though.)my husband HAD 32 (8 removed.)so now he has 24?he has a BAD over bite.

Jillianleab

#13 Post by Jillianleab »

I have 28; only my wisdom teeth have been removed. One ortho I met with wanted to extract 4 teeth (made no mention of widsoms), but the ortho I went with only told me to have the wisdoms out. Funny how doctors in the same profession can have totally different opinions, huh?
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Joanna20

#14 Post by Joanna20 »

I've got 14 in my upper jaw (soon to be 12) and 12 on my lower jaw (don't know if I'll have extractions in my lower jaw).
I think the right number depends on the size of you jaw and the size of your teeth.
Cheers,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

turrrtlelove22

#15 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I know this is a old thread, but I was just bored and browsing...But I have all 32 teeth...YAY...hopefully it will stay that way... :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!