Jaw ache after extractions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

the_bufster84

Jaw ache after extractions?

#1 Post by the_bufster84 »

I had both my upper 1st bicuspids removed on friday and whilst the pain in the extraction site has gone I am now left with a dull ache/throb in my upper jaw. I have had teeth out before and never had this. When she was extracting my teeth the dentist was applying pressure on my 4 front teeth, kinda using them as a lever to get the teeth out. I am just wondering if this my have bruised the bone or something? I am having my braces on on friday so am hoping it will have stopped aching by then!

Thanks, K

Upper Ceramics

Smiley77

#2 Post by Smiley77 »

Hi there!

I recently had 7 teeth removed at once and had a 'throbbing' feeling 3 days later, which developed into a rather nasty infection! Unfortunately, by this time I was back at home in my country town, three hours away from my dentist.Please keep an eye on it, incase you have the same thing!

Hope you are feeling much better soon, take it easy :)
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile