Just sharing a happy food moment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CLAmom

Just sharing a happy food moment

#1 Post by CLAmom »

Just moments ago I at my first tortilla chip in over 5 months! This may sound like a moronic thing to post about but if you knew the issues I've had with my bite--you would probably understand. MY TEETH ARE STARTING TO FIT TOGETHER LIKE A NORMAL BITE! This is an emotional moment for me. I'm chomping chips & salsa for breakfast, baby!!!!!!!! :dance:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

Congrats CLAmom!! :banana: Enjoy every bite!
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

CLAmom

#3 Post by CLAmom »

Thanks, you guys! I just might order pizza tonight. Mmmmmm.....deep dish, how I have missed you!!!! :BigGrin:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Cor1

Your soooooooooo right!!!!

#4 Post by Cor1 »

Hey ya someone might not understand what exactly food means, to those of us whom aren't able to enjoy it for certain periods of time!!!

Cause I know where your comin from, anything that I can get in and chew seems to tatse A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN IT USED TOO!!! :lol: :lol:

Cor1

imgettingbraces

#5 Post by imgettingbraces »

congrats! my teeth are still sore as ever though.

36nBraced

#6 Post by 36nBraced »

i was living the high life eating whatever i wanted when i just had the ceramic uppers. braces schmaces...hah.

then i got my lowers yesterday. the inside of my lower lip feels like an angry cat when postal in there. and to top it all of, my bite is now completely wonky (thank you Brits, i love this word) so i can understand the total joy and tittilation you get from eating a chip. i am now in the world of soft foods...soup is my friend. i love thee also yogurt but i anticipate the AHA moment you just had like you wouldn't believe...
Length of treatment: 18 - 24 months
06/13/06: Ceramic Uppers
06/29/06: Gum Grafts on 2 teeth
08/10/06: Metal Lowers

10/03/06: First Adjustment, 16 weeks after getting top braced; 8 weeks after lower...whoa !!!

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

Heh heh....the things that matter...

Go for the pizza, CLAmom!

I bit into a dried pear last night, and while it was a sensitive experience, it was oh so satisfying.

Kell

#8 Post by Kell »

That's my kind of breakfast, yum! My teeth aren't fitting together at all right now but I still manage to somehow eat tortilla chips. I can't wait until it's not such a chore.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Nikkiekoala

#9 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Boy I can totally relate! My bite was majorly screwed up for a long time too. It was total party when I could actually chew anything harder than white bread.
Glad to hear that you bite is coming together for you!

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

lionfish

#10 Post by lionfish »

Kell wrote:That's my kind of breakfast, yum! My teeth aren't fitting together at all right now but I still manage to somehow eat tortilla chips. I can't wait until it's not such a chore.
For breakfast???

I must be getting old.

LoobyLou

#11 Post by LoobyLou »

Woohoo!!! That's a great feeling isn't it! Enjoy ...

LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*