Only 19.5 months to go

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceKate

Only 19.5 months to go

#1 Post by BraceKate »

Well, I'm brand new, having just gotten braces two weeks ago. I don't have my ortho's technical description of my woes, but in layman's terms, I've got a big ol' fang and a crooked smile, more or less. I had braces as a teenager, but my mom didn't want to pay full price, so she took me to a dentist who'd do the work for a fraction of the cost. And now, twenty years later, I'm taking care of this the right way.

I've been putting this off for ten years. I'd put it off even longer, but I realized that I'm not getting any younger. Sooner or later, I'll be eighty years old. I might as well take care of this before too much of my life passes by.

The first week my teeth were mighty sore, but already - and this surprises me the most - my self-esteem has gone up in multitudes. I didn't think my esteem was particularly low. For one, it's nice being carded again. Second, it feels nice doing something for myself, as painful as it might be.

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Hi Bracekate,

Just wanted to say 'Hi' and welcome to the board. What a great decision you have made. I think many have pondered doing this for some years before actually taking the plunge. It will be so worth it. It is great that your self esteem has gone up in multitudes. I wanted invisible braces but my ortho said they wouldn't be suitable for my required treatment. I was dreading the metals as I don't feel that I am the most confident on the planet. I have surprised myself too though, as instead of hiding from people because of the braces, I'm just right out there and enjoying them. Funny isn't it, how doing something so positive for yourself makes you feel so so good.

I look forward to following your progress over the next 19.5

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cynthia77

#3 Post by cynthia77 »

welcome to the club then!! good luck with ur treatment...it'll be worth it in the end!

braced4asmile

#4 Post by braced4asmile »

Welcome, BraceKate ~
It's great that your self esteem has been positively affected. I think we all wonder how it'll affect our self outlook. It's going to sky rocket when you get them off I'm sure!!! I'm on the 20 month plan too. I'm a bit farther ahead, but still pretty new to this. Hope to see pics of your progress!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

It is great that your self esteem has gone up in multitudes.
This is priceless!

Love your avatar ----- soooooo cute!

Good luck with your braces!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!