8 Week Progress Pics, I deffinately see it now!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gennel

8 Week Progress Pics, I deffinately see it now!

#1 Post by Gennel »

Well I decided that I would take a picture after every adjustment. I took a picture today and I was really surprised to compare it to my first day in braces pictures.Right now my ortho and I are waiting to see how much the powerchains will pull my canines back so the archwire can be attached to the brackets to my incisors that right now are being pushed back :( I know I will see progress in a few weeks! This has made the pain/frustration of my 2nd adjustment WORTH IT!!!

First Day in braces 6-14-06
ImageImage 8 weeks Progress 8-12-06

Gennel

totalwise

#2 Post by totalwise »

Looking good, keep taking regular pictures and keeping us informed. Yo uwill be even more amazed at the speed of improvement once you move onto thicker wires and all the brackets get connected to the ligs

Also check out my progress pics at

viewtopic.php?t=12869

braced4asmile

#3 Post by braced4asmile »

Yeah, Gennel! What great progress! You can really see it in the 2 front teeth. You got braced the same day as me! My first adjustment is 8/23. Good luck with your powerchains. It'll be fun seeing the canines move into place!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

jaxxie118

#4 Post by jaxxie118 »

Wow, that's awesome progress!! :mrgreen:
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

Joanna20

#5 Post by Joanna20 »

I can see some real progress there!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Great progress, gennel. Are the brackets/wire gold or is that the effect of the light?

Gennel

#7 Post by Gennel »

Yup they are gold. They are 22kt gold plated mixed with other metals just like the regular metal brackets. My ortho charges the same for gold,metal,clear braces. He said that he pays the same for all of them so he charges the same to the patients. I had NEVER seen anyone with gold braces until I went to a consultation and saw gold lol.
His assistants are wearing gold braces also. They are not a dark color gold and blend well with tooth color in person. The archwires are also heat activated 22kt gold&metals.

At first I was concerned because I thought they were solid gold. I know gold is a very soft metal and not strong. That's when I found out that gold braces or the metal/silver braces are not made of one metal but a mixture of different metals so they are strong enough. I am crossing my fingers that these new powerchains have moved my canines back enough in 4 weeks so he can put the archwire on my other teeth!!

Gennel

Cor1

Like me!!!

#8 Post by Cor1 »

HI Genel, oh my god, your teeth look like mine!! So I am very excited to see how your progrees is going, cause I've only had mine on for a little over two weeks, and I swear I already see mine movin!!
:D :D
Cooooooool!!

Cor1

Bell

#9 Post by Bell »

Gennel, great progress pics.
You are going well.

Im due to have my braces put on soon, very excited and nervous at the same time.

Good luck with your journey, best wishes :lol:
~Damon 3 Braces top and bottom~
~Braced on 11th September 2006~

Gennel

#10 Post by Gennel »

cor1 : I have only seen like 3 people on here with a smile that looks like mine. I have seen many before pics of smiles that I would be happy to have now! I wish my ortho would show me his most severe cases ever.He is making a big album of before and after pics of his patients. I swear I'm at the top of that list! But it seems like he's seen every type! lol
He has been assuring me that I will be blown away with my final results. I know he sees what my teeth will look like in his head lol.Anything that is chipped or too big,he will shave and shape it on the day I get my braces off. I have a foggy idea but I tell myself it's too good to be true lol. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever really think that I would get the smile that I've always wanted.

Bell: Congrats on taking the plunge! It is very normal to be excited and very nervous at the same time.As soon as they put the braces on I told my ortho " You know what? My fear/nerves were worse than actually getting the braces on today" He smiled and totally understood what I meant. I was so nervous and really excited to finally do this. I had played this day in my mind for many years ,just imagining what it would be like. I did so much research online and looked at so many photos of orthodontics. That the day I went in to get them ,I knew in detail exactly what was going to be done. I kept asking the guy who took pictures and xrays " Are we done here yet? Can I go now to get them on? " He was giggling telling me " Wow ,you really want to get these things on lol"

Next wednesday I get my bottoms on! He's going to immediately start me on elastics to get my back bottom molars upright ASAP .

cor1: I would love to see your before pics if you took any. I have my mom to thank for my front overlapped tooth and my dad's family to thank for those high canines! The funny thing is that my dad had straight teeth and my mom has pretty good teeth,except for the overlapping. It seems that I'm the only one that came out with both problems! arghh!!!! No more overlapped front tooth for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gennel

RainyDay

#11 Post by RainyDay »

Gennel, very nice progress. Congratulations!

Jesslzz

#12 Post by Jesslzz »

Great progress Gennel!

I love your gold brackets, I wish I could see how they would look on my teeth, hehe...they really look great on yours. I also had my two front incisors a little overlapped and that was the first thing to be corrected, at about the same time as you. It is amazing, isn't it? :D :D :D

Your teeth are looking excellent, keep up posted!

Full metalmouth!

nvcarissa

#13 Post by nvcarissa »

Excellent progress! And I love your gold brackets!!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.