Super Clean

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dramagyrl

Super Clean

#1 Post by Dramagyrl »

What in your daily regime makes you feel super-clean? What gives that squeaky-clean, polished and finished feeling?
I had found a brush that got rid of any extra grime that just seemed to stick around. Now that the brush is getting worn, I need to find something else for the super-squeaky clean feel. What works best for everyone else?

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

Dramagyrl, my waterpik makes me feel squeaky clean along with my electric toothbrush and whitening toothpaste to get rid of stains!

LoobyLou x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Blonde_Metal04

#3 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Hello Dramagyrl!

My regimen consists of:

Waterpik
Floss
Brush with Sonicare Elite
Mouthrinse-Crest wintergreen...

I don't have my braces on just yet, but this regimen makes my teeth feel squeaky clean, and my hygenist and ortho both commend me on my fantastic oral hygine...

I REALLY like my Sonicare. I have had mine for about three years and it makes my teeth feel cleaner than any manual brush ever did... It's a little pricey, but it has a lifetime warranty, which I have already used once because my first one stopped holding a charge, and then they gladly replaced it for free...

Hope this helps!
Spacers: 08/09/2006

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

My Sonicare toothbrush - hands down. The only place my dentist had to scrape stuff off was on my lower front teeth where my tongue always rests. I always get plaque there no matter what I do.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Xero

#5 Post by Xero »

My regimen is surprising similar to KK

First, brush using Sonicare Intelliclean 8500 & Colgate Total Plus Whitening (Was only $40 for me, since my sis worked at an ortho office).
Use tongue-scraper.
Clean between teeth with a Butler Proxabrush.
Sometimes (rarely), use SuperFloss to floss.
Use Waterpik. I also use the tongue cleaner on my Waterpik.
Finish with Listerine Natural Citrus.

Total completion time: About 5 minutes
About three years since being braced. Changed ortho twice, so it's hard to keep track.

A very special thanks to KK & linda21 for constantly reading my log. Thanks!

Kimber

#6 Post by Kimber »

First it's the waterpik to shoot all that gunk out after a meal, then a couple of minutes with a Braun electric and Arm&Hammer toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide (nothing works quite as good for me), then floss and a finish with Act floride rinse.
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

Betty Bat

#7 Post by Betty Bat »

I have a Sonicare 7300 that I bought on Ebay. It really makes a difference. I used a Crest Spinbrush for a few months after I got my braces and I was really amazed at the difference that the Sonicare made in how my teeth felt.

So, my advice would be to get a good electric toothbrush - and check Ebay if you can.

wiredkitty

Whats a waterpik?

#8 Post by wiredkitty »

Am I really naive or do we not have them in New Zealand? what is a waterpik and where can I get one from?

Iccle_Peanut

#9 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

My orthodontist gave me a sample of opalescence whitening toothpaste....it's fantastic.....you can really spot the difference and my teeth squeek alot more than they did when i clean them.

lildave

#10 Post by lildave »

Defintily my sonicare is awesome!! I just got it a couple of weeks ago and it makes a BIG difference from the other electric tooth brushes. I also rinse with listerine from time to time or ACT.

I know they are a bit pricy but definitly worth the money!!

Dramagyrl

#11 Post by Dramagyrl »

Haha, the disclosing tablets are one of my favourite parts, I did that for a treat this weekend.
The tablets showed pretty good results, maybe a need for a bit more care around brackets, and I've changed that.

I just find that even after a nice good brushing and cleaning, it feels like I've got a thin grime as I run my tongue along the back. I'll have to replace that toothbrush I'm wearing down because it really did that for the first couple weeks and the ultra-clean feeling lasted much longer. Maybe I will just have to try one of these fancy electric toothbrushes people suggest, I just have the basic one my ortho sent me home with on my B-day.