May not be able to see dentist for a while

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wazza

May not be able to see dentist for a while

#1 Post by wazza »

Hello all,

It's been around 2 mths since having my braces and I feel pretty good. My teeth look straighter, but my gaps still have a long way to go, nonetheless, it is definately a major improvement from what my teeth used to look like.
The problem is here, I am planning to go overseas and study for half a year at around mid next year. At that time, I would have been braced for about 1 bit more than a year. While I am overseas, I won't be able to get any treatment or tightening for my braces. What can I do? Is there someway that the dentist could speed up the process and have my teeth perfected by mid next year? Will this mean it will take an extra half a year for my teeth to be ready? or am I going to have to drop this once in a lifetime chance because of my teeth...I'm not sure what I can do

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Wazza I am sure your ortho will be able to come up with something. Maybe he can make you a retainer which will hold your teeth in position till you can get back and resume the treatment.

you don't want to miss out on what sounds like a great opportunity for you!

wazza

#3 Post by wazza »

thanks guys
hmm...ill go and consult with my ortho...hopefully he'll come up with something good!!! (fingers crossed)

Cheers~