What are your bad food experiences?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blondie111

What are your bad food experiences?

#1 Post by blondie111 »

OK, I just had a stick of celery with some dip here at work, and OMG, that was the WORST thing I could have eaten with these braces! I was picking out strings of slimy celery all morning! :oops:

Anyone else have these "lovely" experiences!?

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Pretty much anything with leafy green in it (lettuce, bok choy, spinach, etc.) requires extra "work" afterwards. I'm not sure I'd call it a bad food, just mildly irritating.

A bad food experience for me is one that breaks the hardware (touch wood: no breakages now since March) or that keeps dislodging my perishing elastics in public.

pippy

#3 Post by pippy »

Am not too bad here as am still too sore to chew on anything more adventurous than a banana (celery!!!!???????) - but have had some great fun with strawbery seeds hiding all over the brackets and pieces of onion from spag bol wrapping themselves around my molar bands yuk

Dramagyrl

#4 Post by Dramagyrl »

Cooked broccoli sticks around forever. No matter what I do, I get little bits of it popping up at the strangest times. Soft and chewy granola bars are pretty much the same.
I've already had my share of eating experiences, but some of the worst was when I was still on softs. Eating pasta was tough. I've had big cheese chunks caught on the wires that have big gaps because of the extractions and I would have to pull it off with my fingers. Then I tried spagetti with alfredo sauce at a restaurant with friends. The noodles kept sticking on my brackets at I swallowed, so I was literally gagging at the table (totally embarassing) and something similar not that long ago at home when I tried eating chow mein. Those silly noodles.

Kimber

#5 Post by Kimber »

I second the noodles story! The first time I did pasta after getting braced, I was hungry and did the thin spaghetti noodles a little too al dente. The first bite actually tied my mouth shut for a moment before I could get it all untwisted! :?
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

Michal

#6 Post by Michal »

Mine has been cold cereal. I love my Wheaties, and I hate the stuff all over my mouth. Other foods that get hung up is just a snack for later :D Just kidding! I'm always brushing in public or running to a bathroom to rinse and spit.

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces