BROKEN BRACKET! NEED ADVICE

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

~CanadianChick~

BROKEN BRACKET! NEED ADVICE

#1 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Hey all!

Well as some of you know I'm getting my 4 wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday and well last night as I sat down to dinner I broke a bracket on my(cuspid) upper Canine. The dealio is I can't get in to get it bonded until after my appointment with the oral surgeon. I've had my braces on for 6 months and was wondering if the few days will do anything to my teeth as in all will move except that one with the broken bracket. I know its only a few days but I just get overly concerned about small things like that. When investing 8Grand on your teeth you want to be well aware of certain small things! haha
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if there is nothing you can do about it :-)

I broke a bracket while on vacation and wasn't able to get in for a few days (actually could have been longer since it may have been broken awhile before I discovered it). That tooth either moved or the ortho bonded the new bracket on in a different place because MAN that hurt when they fixed it. Just like a major adjustment! It did not delay my treatment at all though because that tooth quickly got back in line.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

egoh510

#3 Post by egoh510 »

i won't worry too much about it... i had broken brackets before and called my ortho --they just told me to wait till the next adjustment .
Ceramics Brackets
Braces On: 11/22/04
Braces Off: 09/25/06 :)

~CanadianChick~

#4 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Thanks for the encourgment!!! :D Tomorrows the Big day!
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

Jillianleab

#5 Post by Jillianleab »

I didn't have a bracket pop off, but had a wire pop out of the bracket while I was on vacation not too long ago. I couldn't get into the ortho for almost a week. My tooth moved slightly out of line, but after the wire got reattached, it was back in place within 24 hours. You should be fine, it won't set you back, I'm sure!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806