Another soft food suggestion...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kimber

Another soft food suggestion...

#1 Post by Kimber »

Chocolate chip cookie dough.

:BigGrin:

OK, so this really isn't a healthy "food" but it is soft and you could just let the chips melt on your tongue...
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

Jillianleab

#2 Post by Jillianleab »

That does sound yummy! If anyone lives near a Dairy Queen (I do) they can go get a cookie dough blizzard! Yum!

To add another soft food idea to the board, here's a link to Cinnamon Mashed Yams; I had some at dinner tonight! My teeth don't hurt, but they are delicious all the same, and in my opinion, much better than regular mashed potatoes!

http://www.bahamabreeze.com/recipes/app ... m_mash.asp
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I reckon!

I used to love eating raw cake dough as a kid. This would be similar.

hippyhippo

#4 Post by hippyhippo »

My first meal after being braced: Banana pancakes! For you chocoholics, toss some chocolate chips in there and it's heavenly!

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

While we're on soft food suggestions, this is another of my long term favourites.

Make a bechamel (white) sauce, add a teaspoonful of hot english mustard to the butter/flour mix before you add the milk, then when the sauce starts to thicken, add grated cheddar or parmesan cheese. Normally I'd add this sauce to cauliflower, white fish or something similar. Sometimes though I'm really naughty, make up a quantity and simply scoff the lot!

Zondrae

#6 Post by Zondrae »

Hey Karen - I can't even afford to keep buying bananas at the moment. Aren't the prices insane?! :shock:

Jillianleab

#7 Post by Jillianleab »

On the topic of bananas... mash one in a bowl, add a bit of brown sugar and some cinnamon. Mix it together well and put a small spoonfull in the center of a wonton wrapper (usually can be found in the frozen foods section). Add a drizzle of Nutella (or chocolate sauce) and fold the wrapper up, sealing the edges. Drop the whole thing in hot oil and fry until crispy. Serve with ice cream and (duh) more Nutella!

And on the topic of Nutella... spread Nutella on a slice of pound cake, butter cake, etc (must be dense). Top with thinly sliced strawberries. Put another slice of cake on top, and grill on a panni grill, or on the stovetop, using cooking spray as lubricant. The Nutella gets all warm and gooey, and the cake ends up with just a bit of a crisp to it.

I love food.... :oops: it's amazing I'm not 500lbs!!!!!!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

tardissauce

#8 Post by tardissauce »

No matter the time of day, anytime anyone mentions pancakes, I immediately start craving them...its uncontrollable! :D

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

Blue cheese in cauli cheese - alright!!

Bananas......at A$14/kilo simply do not get put in my shopping basket at the moment.

That baklava looks good. I love Greek/Leb pastries. I think it's the honey that does it for me.

That nutella thing sounds absolutely sinful!

jcdamon3

#10 Post by jcdamon3 »

Bananas are cheap here. Under $1.00 per pound. I eat them with my oatmeal/cereal every single morning. I am upset on mornngs when I have run out of bananas.

Nutella - I don't touch the stuff. If you are a true chocolaholic it is way too sweet! Disgustingly so. I eat the dark chocolate almost exclusively. Once you have the real stuff everything else just taste horrible and sickening sweet. Just pop a piece of dark choclate in your mouth and let it melt. Very braces friendly! Good for the heart and lower in sugar than milk chocolate.

Hmmm - pancakes. Must be hard to get a vegan version of pancakes, KK. If you have a vegan recipe- shoot it my way!

Watermelon should be soft enough for most early braces wearers. It is quickly going out of season here, so hurry up!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

jcdamon3

#11 Post by jcdamon3 »

Heh! I would think dark chocolate would be more "vegan" than milk chocolate. If there is such a thing as being "more vegan". I never heard of a vegan lifestyle but just looked it up. I guess it means you don't wear leather shoes. That would be tough for me! :-)

I had a vegan boyfriend once and he cooked for me once in awhile. The food was marvelous and would be perfect for braces wearers. He ate vegan when he wasn't tempted by alchohol and a nice big steak! :-)

There might be such a thing as vegan pancakes although I have never heard of vegan flour before, that's why I am curious.

I only drink soy milk, so soy based pancakes wouldn't be an issue. I just nee d to get my hands on vegan flour.
Mid Forties!

lionfish

#12 Post by lionfish »

Meryaten, I think Oz pancakes are more griddle like than crepe like.

lionfish

#13 Post by lionfish »

Me too, especially with butter and syrup running all over them. :D

jcdamon3

#14 Post by jcdamon3 »

The vegan food that I ate was like aduki (sp) beans, (very soft), a yamlike type veggie (very soft) and maybe some veggies which I can't remember. Gee the meal was like 14 years ago. I remember it all being pretty soft and was either beans or some kind of whole grains cooked.

Anyway, there you go, two more soft foods. Refried beans and yams. Delicious! Keep the cheese off the beans and cook them without lard and you may have yourself a vegan like meal. (I don't know how to tell which oils are vegan) Is Canola oil okay?
Mid Forties!

turrrtlelove22

Pricey bananas...O_o;;;

#15 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

whoa!!! :shock: I have never paid over 40 to 50 cents a pound for bananas!!! Wow. The recipes sounds delicous and I dont' even have braces yet!!...lol