First time poster - getting braces in 2 weeks

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cmm1280

#1 Post by cmm1280 »

Hi Matty_Oz,

Congrats on getting your braces in 2 weeks! I speak on behalf of many members of this website by wishing you all the best. How long did the orthodontist say that you would be in them? I get mine on in October and I'm looking at about 24 mths time.

Best of luck!

Carla

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Hi Matty,

Congratulations on taking the decision to correct your teeth. I don't think any of us take the decision lightly. I am only at the beginning of my journey, but I can hopefully give you some encouragement by saying that I noticed a change within 3 weeks. My lower arch was very higgeldy piggeldy, and within 3 weeks I noticed that a perfect arch had formed. It is truly amazing and very inspiring. I recommend taking frequent photos so you can follow your progress.

I wish you loads of luck with your treatment. Will you post on how the extractions go? All this advice from an 'old bird' (40yrs)!!!!!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babykitten75

#3 Post by babykitten75 »

Hi Matty_Oz

:-)o Welcome!!!

:tingrin: Congratulations on getting braces in 2 weeks and no one is ever too old for braces.

If you ever have questions, there is always tons of friends on here to give you advice.

Enjoy being braced! :frogbraces:

sharonm

#4 Post by sharonm »

Congrats on deciding to get your braces.Are you just having the normal ones?

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Melbourne, huh? Raining down there today, I'm told.

Don't worry about the extractions.

WeezieGirl25

#6 Post by WeezieGirl25 »

Hey Matty!

28 is not old by the way. I'm 23 and my teeth aren't really that bad at all I am self conscious of them so I finally decided to have them fixed. If all goes as planned I am scheduled to get my braces on Sept 6 so it looks like we will be getting braced around the same time! As for when people see changes in their teeth I think it all depends. I know some people that saw their teeth really straighten out in 6 weeks time and others that took a long time to notice changes. Anyways, welcome to the board!! I am new as well!! You should post some before, during, and after brace pics.

ChangingBraces

#7 Post by ChangingBraces »

I have only had my top braces for 4 weeks (the bottom for 2 days....) and I already see a noticable difference. Funny how it seems to happen overnight also.
I was flossing one day and noticed that my front teeth have almost no gap between them anymore & that my left front tooth no longer slightly overlaps the tooth next to it & is pushed back almost even with the other front tooth. That is always what I've hated the most about my smile, so I am loving the difference already. My teeth look better with the braces than they did without, just due to that change.