drool

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tamsteve

drool

#1 Post by tamsteve »

Hey everyone i was wondering if anyone drools more at night since being braced? Also, i noticed my mouth is like cottonmouth when i get up!! It's gross and i hate it!! I brush my teeth constantly and i floss and listerine mouthwash.....does anyone else have this problem? 8)

Pirate Wench

#2 Post by Pirate Wench »

I haven't noticed that I drool more at night, but I noticed alot more saliva during the day.....especially when I talk. Which is all the time :lol:

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I don't notice anymore dribble at night but I do in the day. I work in a hospital kitchen and sometimes have to serve in the canteen, and the other day I was ringing something into the till and yakking as I did so, and was horrified to notice a little glob of spit land on the till keys :shock: now i'm paranoid in case I inadvertently spit into the food when I'm serving! :cry:

MS1

#4 Post by MS1 »

I'm the same as Piratewench and KK. I keep waiting for one of my bosses to ask me why I'm drooling so much. :)

Jillianleab

#5 Post by Jillianleab »

I'm a night drooler, and it's much worse since the braces. Just the other day, I dozed off on the couch for about 5 mins, and hubby woke me up laughing - there was a river making it's way down the pillow! I really hope once my bite gets corrected it will go away!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

tamsteve

drool

#6 Post by tamsteve »

Good to know i'm not the only drooler of the group :-)o

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

Another night drooler here. Like Lucyloop's cat, mine doesn't seem to mind either. As for my husband, he's been sucking his pillow for decades (taken off the breast far too young, I reckon) so it's almost all in the family! :lol:

Idislikebraces

#8 Post by Idislikebraces »

Lets just say i go swimming at night...
lmao haha thats gross but it happens! I guess cause we cant close our mouths right nd wat not!
:D
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

rdms_girl

#9 Post by rdms_girl »

Count me in this club as well! Not only am I a pillow soaker, I find I drool eveywhere when I floss :yuck:

HeadgearJoe

#10 Post by HeadgearJoe »

OH YEA , drool drool an more drool , add the headgear holding my lips open a bit more, an a ocean of drool , nice wakeing up on a drooled coverd pillow every morning. oh well the fun of orthodontics
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

tamsteve

drool

#11 Post by tamsteve »

:squareteeth: :banana: :-)o
IT'S OFFICIAL WE ARE THE DROOL PEOPLE'S CLUB!!! :-)o :-1

hippyhippo

#12 Post by hippyhippo »

Yup, there is definitely more droolage at night since being braced. I think it's partially because I've been mouth-breathing more (hard to close my lips around these things), which leaves an opening for the drool to slip out. Very sexy.

I also have noticed the additional saliva during the day too. Every once in a while, while in the middle of a conversation, I'll need to pause, suck back the saliva, and then continue on. Again, very attractive!

Chris

Re: drool

#13 Post by Chris »

:squareteeth: :banana: :-)o
IT'S OFFICIAL WE ARE THE DROOL PEOPLE'S CLUB!!! :-)o :-1
Yep, I'm a drooler and a spitter myself. Its so embarrassing when you talk to someone and spit flies out. :oops: I didn't have so much of a problem until I got my elastics, I think spit clings to them waiting for an opportune time to be ejected. :jokerlaugh:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Braces2.0

#14 Post by Braces2.0 »

I remember being so mortified at the dentist's when I was a teenager, and they hygienist told me I had a lot of saliva. :?

Now apparently it's better to have too much saliva than too little (for dental health reasons), but it is rather unpleasant, especially when I floss!

Attagirl2

#15 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi Tamsteve. Oh, yeah!!! I wake myself up when my face hits the wet spot!

About the dry mouth in the morning. The listerine has a high percentage of alchohol in it, which will dry out your mouth. Try diluting the Listerine with half water. (My dentist actually told me to do that years ago!) You will notice that your mouth doesn't get so dried out. The other thing is, you may be sleeping with your mouth open, which would also dry it out and that can lead to the "cotton mouth" syndrome....

Bracers, Drool On!!! (Maybe it is a right of passage?)
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers