First Adjustment!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Paws917

First Adjustment!

#1 Post by Paws917 »

Had my first adjustment today. Got new archwires and powerchains on top and bottom. The doc said he wants to see me every 4-5 weeks. Wonder why such a short time?

Anyway, I'm excited. Seems like everything is going well!

Erin

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Indeed it does, erin.

I'm sure your ortho has a reason for 4-5 week intervals for adjustments. My first adjustment was at 8 weeks and they have progressively got shorter since then. My next one will be at 4 weeks. It all depends on what they're trying to achieve during the various phases of treatment.

BraceUrself

#3 Post by BraceUrself »

Congrats on your 1st adjustment! My ortho sees me every 4 weeks excpet for when I first got them on-he saw me 6 weeks after. I would say that is pretty normal though-Good luck & enjoy seeing your smile change!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time