Been Braced 10 Months (Progress Pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracie381

Been Braced 10 Months (Progress Pics)

#1 Post by gracie381 »

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well. I know I promised I would check in more often, but I have been so busy with work and babysitting my nieces that I haven't had much of a chance to get on here, but I thought you guys might want to see my latest progress. Thanks everyone for all your support before getting and while being braced. You guys are great!!
Here they are:
Right before my extractions & being braced!

2nd Month in Braces (Ouch!)

Also 2nd Month

7 Months

7 Months

AND HERE IS NOW AFTER MY 10TH ADJUSTMENT ON AUGUST 15!

TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

JayC

#2 Post by JayC »

u got your open bite fixed it lokos like.. either that or you didtn clench your bite fully in the earlier pics?

gracie381

#3 Post by gracie381 »

JayC wrote:u got your open bite fixed it lokos like.. either that or you didtn clench your bite fully in the earlier pics?
They have done wonders with my open bite. I was biting all the way down in my upper pics! It's amazing how they have moved. I'm very excited.

NervousNelly

#4 Post by NervousNelly »

Your teeth look great! It gives me something to look forward to!
G
Braced :D 1 week

gracie381

#5 Post by gracie381 »

Meryaten wrote:That lower left incisor is turning beautifully into line as well! And never mind how nice your upper arch is looking! :thumbsup: You must be stoked!

Can I ask what your ortho has used the buttons for on the lingual side of your upper canines?
The buttons were used to connect to the back of my molar band in order to pull my teeth back, hence the bad overbite in the first couple of pics. It worked like a charm. Just one month after those little things were attached and my open bite was closed and my top teeth were overlapping my bottom. They said they would leave them there a little while longer, just in case they needed to be used again. As for now, they are just working with this pesky little tooth on the bottom that hasn't quite got into place, then he said they would begin closing my gaps completely and lining up everything. Just hope they come off next Sept. or Oct. as planned!! Also thanks for the compliment, I'm really excited about all the movement!

Joanna20

#6 Post by Joanna20 »

AWESOME PROGRESS!

Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

Fabulous progress, gracie381. As a fellow open biter (mine is more at the sides, and diminishing as we speak) it's great to see what can be done to correct this.

Gennel

#8 Post by Gennel »

Those are great progress pictures and I needed to see some good news today!

They look great !

Genel

starryadora

#9 Post by starryadora »

Ah...another fellow "open-biter"! ha Great seeing your progress!

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

hathetran

#10 Post by hathetran »

nice progress!! keep us informed!

MS1

#11 Post by MS1 »

Awesome progress. :D
You must be thrilled!

RainyDay2

#12 Post by RainyDay2 »

Congrats. Awesome progess. Hope to be as lucky on my tenth month!

hannah164

#13 Post by hannah164 »

Amazing Progress! Congratulations!

~hAnnah

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Kris721

#14 Post by Kris721 »

Hi Gracie :-1

Your pictures and progress are encouraging. I am in the beginning stages of my treatment and still wearing an appliance to create space between my molars prior to having braces installed. I am at least 2 months away from braces but I've worn this appliance for 6 months. I often get impatient but I understand that these things are done in stages and not all at once. I'm very happy for your progress and it's exciting for me to see differences so quickly. Thank you for sharing.

gracie381

#15 Post by gracie381 »

Thanks so much for all your responses. I'm happy to share my progress and hope all you guys have a great experience in braces. I know there may still be some things in my treatment plan that might not be all that comfortable, but the good news is that I am halfway there. I will admit the first couple of months prior to and getting my braces on were pretty rough, but these last few months have been a breeze, thank goodness. And for all you guys out there starting out, I'm sure you have asked yourself if it is all worth it and believe me it is! You'll will be so happy you went through with it. If I can be of help to any of you, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be back to update again soon, and hope you all are doing well!