Progress with pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

johnnya

Progress with pics

#1 Post by johnnya »

Just thought I would share the pics with you. Sorry about the quality..
After braces put on:

After the first 6 weeks:

Three or four months in:

And after one tooth extracted:

I'm really worried about the big gap. It will take a year to close I think..[/img]

sjsarre

#2 Post by sjsarre »

Hi

Pics are great..

Did you have the extraction planned? My gaps are over 75% closed and its been 5 months.

johnnya

#3 Post by johnnya »

Hi!
Extraction was planned as I have an overbite and crowding. It's been around 3 months since and I still don't see much change.
Though my ortho is doing the crossbite at the moment, hence I'm wearing elastics on one side (left on the pics).

hathetran

#4 Post by hathetran »

nice progress!!

johnnya

#5 Post by johnnya »

Today I had a major adjustment. Finally made progress with crossbite!
My wires were replaced and are really tight it feels..
I also got a loop over my gap. My ortho says it's for the overbite to correct while the gap is closing. Don't know really how this might work since the loop prevents the gap from being closed.. Anyway my next appointment is already next week. I guess he's curious.
I'm still on 24h elastics.

Joual

#6 Post by Joual »

Your pictures look great! Congratulations on your progress. I think that KK is right about the loop - it must be putting pressure on 1 or 2 teeth to close the gap.

johnnya

#7 Post by johnnya »

Yup, I think you might be right. He said something about wanting the front teeth to move in the gap.
I guess this means many adjustments. It's the second day and I'm still recovering. Feels like I've been hit in my mouth! I think you know the feeling..
KK wrote:
Is it possible that the loop over your gap is activated ... by that I mean is putting pressure on the teeth on either side (or one side) to move towards the gap? I know this is another way that gaps can be closed.

johnnya

One year in!

#8 Post by johnnya »

Hey, just realised that it's been one year now since I got braced.
I really hope I'll get them off before a two year mark.

Here's a pic of my latest progress - closing the gap. Sorry for the lousy image. As you see I also got elastics since few months ago.

sarahxxx

Hi Jonnya

#9 Post by sarahxxx »

:D Hi Jonnya,

just been looking at your pics and posts. Really good improvement in yous teeth. I can't wait for that to happen to me. I got braced on 13dec06 so I am still In the pain stage, with lots of mouth sores and only eating soft food but will be worth it to have the straight teeth I have wanted for so long, Good luck with things, Sarah

sarahxxx

Hi Jonnya

#10 Post by sarahxxx »

just been looking at your pics and posts. Really good improvement in yous teeth. I can't wait for that to happen to me. I got braced on 13dec06 so I am still In the pain stage, with lots of mouth sores and only eating soft food but will be worth it to have the straight teeth I have wanted for so long, Good luck with things, Sarah

sarahxxx

Hi Jonnya

#11 Post by sarahxxx »

sarahxxx

Hi Jonnya

#12 Post by sarahxxx »

sarahxxx

oooopps

#13 Post by sarahxxx »

oooopps, sorry about the multiple post!!!

johnnya

Small update

#14 Post by johnnya »

So my gap closed today.
No kidding! I was reading a peper and then suddenly felt some pain. I immediately took a new pic and the gap was gone! Could see some tiny amount of blood when brushing teeth after that. How odd!

The problem now is to get that nice u-shape back again..