Braces Today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PaulKariya

Braces Today

#1 Post by PaulKariya »

I just got them today, nothing hurts and I feel pretty comfortable. But I'm just worried about the appearence and going to school at 15 as a Sophomore and getting them off in the middle of my Junior year. Not many people in my school have them. I need to get cheered up I guess.
Last edited by PaulKariya on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bracedforit

#2 Post by bracedforit »

Hey, I also just got my braces recently (yesterday) and I can honestly say I'm feeling pretty comfortable with mine as well except for some mild aching. I was nervous about getting braces as I will be graduating from high school this year and my estimated treatment time will be 2 - 2 1/2 years, which means I'll have to go to graduation and get the entire graduation picture thing done with my braces on. I'm not really worried about the looks I'll get or what will people say as braces are a pretty common thing in my school..thank God!!

PaulKariya

#3 Post by PaulKariya »

I guess I consider myself rather lucky.