Spacers shrunk?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WeezieGirl25

Spacers shrunk?

#1 Post by WeezieGirl25 »

Hi guys! I have a quick questions for anyone who has/had spacers

I've had my spacers in for almost two weeks. Today I bit into a piece of pizza crust and one of them fell out. I managed to floss it back in but it seems like it shrunk because I can barely see it in between my tooth and I can barely feel any pressure from it. (Actually I cant really feel any pressure from any of them anymore because the spaces they've created are so big now) Last week when I went to the ortho to get fitted for my bands she took my spacers out, fitted my bands, then put some fresh ones back in because she said after a while they shrink. (not getting braced until this Wednesday). Anyways my question is should I be worried that I'm not feeling the pressure of the spacer? I have alot of space between my teeth from the spacers but I don't want it to close up and then not be able to get my braces on on time. Do I need another fresh set of spacers or do you think I can wait until Wednesday and still be ok? Any suggestions??

mackenzie

#2 Post by mackenzie »

I think you should be able to wait because during the 10 days I had them I took them out every few days because they had food in them! EW! So I cleaned them in mouthwash and put them back in.

bracketed

#3 Post by bracketed »

I only had my spacers in for 6 days, and 2 of them fell out within the 3rd day. Rest assured, my molar bands fit with ease.