how long did u have your spacer?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ilovetosmile232

how long did u have your spacer?

#1 Post by Ilovetosmile232 »

how long did u guys have your spacer??? I was told I need it on for 2 weeks

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

10 days, and I will have them for another 10 days next month before they brace my tops.

principessa

#3 Post by principessa »

Hi Ilovetosmile232!

My ortho put my braces on in stages with a week interval. First I had my spacers put in, then the following week I had the molar brackets put on and then the following week the top and bottom braces were fixed. It felt weird at first with the spacers (like I had bouncy teeth!) but I soon got used to them!

All the best with your brace journey!! :)
P xx

newmetal

#4 Post by newmetal »

Have four of the little evil things in as we speak, they are out on friday so i would have had them in for a total of seven days.

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

I had them on for 2 weeks. The first 4 days were uncomfortable. So have some soft foods available . I took pain pills for the first 2 day so and then Tylenol for 2-3 more days. I thought 2weeks was too long for me but that's what my ortho wanted the spacers in for. The made enough space within a week because the spacers shrunk and were so loose that one came off while I used the waterpik on low speed.

Gennel

ame_malia

#6 Post by ame_malia »

I have had mine on for 7 days, and they have to stay in another 7 days before I get my braces. They already fit my bands, but didn't actually attach them to my teeth because they have to use the top ones to attach my bite plate to. So, I guess in theory, I really only needed to wear the spacers for one week, because the bands already fit, but because my bite plate has to be made, I have to wear them another week.

So, short answer: 2 weeks.

Drama Queen

#7 Post by Drama Queen »

I had mine for a week, though it felt like an eternity!

Lau xx

jennandtonic

#8 Post by jennandtonic »

I had mine for a week. I only experienced pain one time when wearing them, it was when I bit into a bacon sandwich. They weren't bad.

CLAmom

#9 Post by CLAmom »

About 2 1/2 weeks with the evil little things! :twisted:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Gennel

#10 Post by Gennel »

I remember the day of my appointment to take them out. They asked me how Iwas feeling and I told them " Ready to get these little blue demons out! " lol they knew what I was talking about lol

Gennel

WeezieGirl25

#11 Post by WeezieGirl25 »

I had mine in for two weeks. I was miserable the first 3 days but after that I was fine. Advil really got me through it all! The spacers really do suck but the discomfort does subside in a few days and then you're home free!

KriegeR

#12 Post by KriegeR »

I have had 3 sets of spacers in now, and the longest I had a set in was 6 weeks!

My ortho put the spacers in, but then the receptionist couldn't get me an appointment for the fitting of my brace. This meant that I was 6 weeks before I could get back to see him, and by that time all but one of them had fallen out, (I think I swallowed two of them accidentally).

After the 6 weeks the gaps had started to close again, so I had another set in for 7 days before having my brace fitted.

Generally it's about 2 weeks though, as it was when I had my rear molars banded.