treatment time: 15 months

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ziggyziggy

treatment time: 15 months

#1 Post by ziggyziggy »

http://www.fuzzyfusion.com

is my ortho really good or does it seem 15 months is really short treatment time? i have the tighten myteeth to reduce gaps and cure crossbite. i hear very good things about my ortho from my perio but once in a while i will think to myself as to why my treatment time is so short.

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi,

I don't think 15 months sounds unreasonable at all. Here's to hoping you will only be in braces 15 months!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

juf_84

#3 Post by juf_84 »

15 months sounds fine. My sentence is 9-12 months, here's hoping!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

MS1

#4 Post by MS1 »

I agree with the others who have responded. I don't think that sounds wrong. I'm scheduled for 17 months.

ziggyziggy

#5 Post by ziggyziggy »

thanks all,
i guess i am comparing myself to all the kids who have them for many many years, at least 3 for most kids in high school or younger. maybe it could be because they dont take care of their teeth as well since they are forced to get them unlike adults who willing want to get them and would take much better care during treatment time.

Samantha08

#6 Post by Samantha08 »

Thats not bad. Mine is 15-18 months, but I should be getting them off closer to the 15 months...maybe even a little before. :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

krooner

me too

#7 Post by krooner »

Ziggy,

My treatment is supposed to be 12-15 months. My bite is pretty good, I just have some crowding up and downstairs :lol:

Gracie

starryadora

#8 Post by starryadora »

my treatment time is 9-12 months :) it was originally 9-14 months, but he saved me 10 weeks at my first adustment bc he decided to go agressive and put a stronger wire in:)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

eooo

#9 Post by eooo »

what kind of other tactics can the orth do to speed up the process?? I dont mind pain, and of course I know it depends on the patient as well but I'm just asking it as a general question, so I know what to ask during my adjustment with my orth next time. Also my treatment require 4 teeths to be extracted, willthis kind of treatment longer then the one without extraction???
Last edited by eooo on Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eooo

#10 Post by eooo »

double posts

ziggyziggy

#11 Post by ziggyziggy »

starryadora wrote:my treatment time is 9-12 months :) it was originally 9-14 months, but he saved me 10 weeks at my first adustment bc he decided to go agressive and put a stronger wire in:)
yeah, same thinhg happened to me. i went in for my first adjustment and he gave me a stronger wire and class 3 elastics. i am thinking his approach is very agressive since he knows I am an adult and can take the extra discomfort and the faster the better.

Kris721

#12 Post by Kris721 »

Hi Ziggy,

As long as you remember that the treatment time they tell you is merely an estimation. 12-24 months seems to be about the average treatment time.

Wish me luck - today I find out if I can get this awful appliance taken out at my next appointment and finally get braces!