Buliding up teeth with bonding??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

scott75

Buliding up teeth with bonding??

#1 Post by scott75 »

HI, after a adjustment this week, i was told that the space between my k-9 tooth on right side will have to be filled in with bonding material.. to improve midlines awile back she shaved down my right central and incisor to even out tooth size and allow the midline to shift right, well that worked nice but now its leaving space on left, my suggestion was to move that k-9 tooth and rest of those teeth forwards to fill space and to give a more "full smile line" it seems that the other side is "fuller" so this would actually be perfect, well she said she cant do that since she said the k-9 is in the correct postion wear it is and that if she moves it forwards my bite will be off, well my anserw is oh well u do a bit more work and just re do the botoms to match it. im worrid that 3mm of bondo job on the tooth will not hold up for ever and also may look a bit odd. if if was very small it may be ok i guess. any one have experience with this ?
thanks scott.

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

A picture would probably help a lot. I going to assume that was a typo and that you need bonding on the left?

Can you move the midline back? Crooked midlines really aren't that noticeable. Even Tom Cruise has a crooked one.

I don't think that bonding on the side of your tooth will be unstable at all. I may be having bonding on the bottoms of my centrals so that would be the most unstable place.

I have a friend that bonded a few teeth to close gaps and it is very hard to tell. I wouldn't have known if she hadn't told me.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

rsprouse

#3 Post by rsprouse »

HI, after a adjustment this week, i was told that the space between my k-9 tooth on right side will have to be filled in with bonding material.. to improve midlines awile back she shaved down my right central and incisor to even out tooth size and allow the midline to shift right, well that worked nice but now its leaving space on left, my suggestion was to move that k-9 tooth and rest of those teeth forwards to fill space and to give a more "full smile line" it seems that the other side is "fuller" so this would actually be perfect, well she said she cant do that since she said the k-9 is in the correct postion wear it is and that if she moves it forwards my bite will be off, well my anserw is oh well u do a bit more work and just re do the botoms to match it. im worrid that 3mm of bondo job on the tooth will not hold up for ever and also may look a bit odd. if if was very small it may be ok i guess. any one have experience with this ?
thanks scott.
Hi Scott,

Moving teeth the way you mention would not be very easy and could compromise your occlusion. Interproximal bonding is not a big deal and is very durable. You are not going to put any strain on the composite so you shouldn't have any issues. Do you really have a 3 mm diastema? That is a bit large for a single tooth bonding, but your dentist can build up the premolar and canine for a likely aesthetic result. If done properly it will be durable and look natural.

Good Luck,
Rory