10 days in...could it be?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

krooner

10 days in...could it be?

#1 Post by krooner »

So I am probably a little obsessed with my teeth, since getting braced last Wednesday...but I have been thinking that some of my teeth have already straightened a little already! Is that possible? It's only been 10 days! It's kinda hard to tell because I used to run my tongue over my teeth in the front and now I can't but I can sorta tell from the back!

I can't wait until my two front top teeth are straight! The ortho says they are sort of triangular shaped and too big and that's why they sort of got "pushed in" towards each other.

Did you all find that the crooked teeth straightened in a short amount of time? Or am I just hallucinating? :?

Thanks in advance...
Gracie

juf_84

#2 Post by juf_84 »

Yep, I bet your teeth have moved already- they often move quite quickly. I noticed a change within 48 hours!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

~CanadianChick~

#3 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Oh yeah for sure!!

I noticed movement within the 1st week and it only got better with time! I'm on month 7 out of 24 and I swear I could take em off now !haha
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

krooner

Another question...

#4 Post by krooner »

Thanks for the responses! It's pretty amazing how fast this happens! I was wondering...I have braces on my upper and lower 8 teeth. My front teeth on top need to spread out and make room (they are pushed toward the back of my mouth now). So, this may sound stupid, but, will my molars all need to "move on down the line" before they can straighten out? :oops: They'll all move even though they aren't braced?

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

Krooner: Are your molars that crooked? I doubt they will straighten out by themselves, since they are the hardest to move. I am sure before long your ortho will bracket those teeth and pull them into the program.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

krooner

JCDamon

#6 Post by krooner »

Hmm....no my molars aren't crooked at all. He told me he wouldn't be putting brackets on the back molars at all. In fact, he said if I wanted to get some fillings redone/crowns done back there that it was fine.

Maybe I'm explaining it wrong. My front teeth are crooked. They need to spread out because they didn't have enough room when they came in. I had my wisdom teeth out so I guess there's room now...? I'm just wondering if all of my teeth in the back will have to spread out to make room for the two front teeth now coming forward.

Maybe it's a question for the ortho!

Jillianleab

#7 Post by Jillianleab »

It sounds like your arch needs to expand. My front teeth were all wonky, but my molars were fine. My ortho demontrated with a piece of paper. He bent it so there was a narrow arch and said that's what my arch looks like now. Then he widened it out to more like a gentle hill, and said that's what we are going for. I'm almost 4 months in and have seen amazing movement. It does seem that the more crowding you have the faster your results happen in the beginning.

Ultimatley, this is probably a question for your ortho, so you fully understand your treatment!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

hippyhippo

#8 Post by hippyhippo »

Yup, my teeth had definitely moved in the first week. My mother even commented when she saw me.

Kris721

#9 Post by Kris721 »

From everything I've read and what my friend with braces has told me, teeth do move pretty quickly. I wouldn't be surprised at all if your teeth have moved since being braced.

Congrats on your movement! It must be exciting and encouraging to see a change so soon. :D

pippy

#10 Post by pippy »

I had overlapping front teeth (my bite looked a bit like a -\ and after two weeks there was a notable difference and after only 6 weeks I have two lovely straight front teeth :D

krooner

Cool

#11 Post by krooner »

Thanks everybody! Ok it's almost been 2 weeks and I can definitely see a big difference! I am amazed at how quickly they've started moving! I can actually begin to see how my teeth will look straight for the first time in my life! I'm very excited! (can ya tell?) :D

Gracie

Kat

#12 Post by Kat »

Wow im over two weeks in an see no change wonder if they tightened them enough, they were sore but no movement yet.