teeth moving already? please help

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vanity68

teeth moving already? please help

#1 Post by vanity68 »

I just got my braces off about 2 weeks ago..my 2 front teeth look like they are moving a bit already and I wear the retainer 24/7 almost, except when eating...can this be fixed without putting them back on? I have both the Hawley and the Essix but I wear the Hawley during the day and the clear ones at night cause I clench and it helps a bit...i have top and bottom retainers..please help
Sasha

Top ceramics on 10/14/04

Jillianleab

#2 Post by Jillianleab »

There have been other people who have had this problem; some have had to be rebraced. Maybe your braces got taken off to early or maybe your retainers don't fit correctly. Either way, I'd call your ortho and let them know what is going on. Maybe it cane be fixed by wearing one retainer all the time for a while?

Good luck!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

vanity68

#3 Post by vanity68 »

thanks for replying...sometimes I thinks its me..like an illusion...other times i think they are shifting....I was gonna see her yesterday...but I feel so dumb...the ortho made it loser once, it was too tight...but I think I will see her on Tuesday...she is having a baby in December and worry it will be worse if I wait and she is not available..
Sasha

Top ceramics on 10/14/04

Kris721

#4 Post by Kris721 »

I would definitely get an appointment as soon as possible. Maybe if you get your retainer adjusted now, you won't have to be rebraced later and if you must be rebraced, you'd probably want to get the treatment started sooner rather than later. Whatever the case, you should probably do it now. Good luck and here's hoping you can avoid rebracing!