Lip Balm

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

Lip Balm

#1 Post by iBorg »

Okay I'm a not so bright mid 40's male, just what is meant by lip balm? Chapstick? I'll need it in about six days.

Thanks

Mike

stRaighteR

#2 Post by stRaighteR »

lip blam is anything like chapstick, blistex, softlips...etc...=)

GatorGirl

#3 Post by GatorGirl »

Use Burts Bees if you can...it doesn't contain alcohol like chapstick, the alcohol dries out your lips and makes you have to use it more...burts bees is great! :)

Eleni

Re: Lip Balm

#4 Post by Eleni »

Okay I'm a not so bright mid 40's male, just what is meant by lip balm? Chapstick? I'll need it in about six days.
Not a stupid question, but why the 6 days?

Lip balm = a substance topically applied to the lips of the mouth to relieve chapped or dry lips and cold sores. The balm is usually manufactured from beeswax, petroleum jelly, menthol, camphor, scented oils, and various other ingredients.

Not to be confused with lip gloss, which is similar, but generally has only cosmetic properties as it can be tinted any color and leaves a high glossy sheen on the lips.

There are lots of balms on the market and very easy to find, try your local pharmacy or drug store. Some well known brands include:
* Burt's Bees
* Blistex
* Carmex
* ChapStick
* Lotus Skin Care
* Tholene

My favorite lip balm hands done is by an online company called My Lip Stuff. There are over 250 flavors/scents to choose from and the ingredients are all natural. http://www.mylipstuff.com/flavors.html
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

Bluemoonjo

#5 Post by Bluemoonjo »

I really like buying lip butter from here...
http://www.dreamseeds.org/healthymindsa ... #anchor_17

Also like the soap :) ....
If you go back to the home page you can see other stuff. Everything is natural, and homemade!

My favorites right now are....
blue chamomile lavender
natural (no EO added-cocoa butter only)
Cardamom orange
Basil Cinnamon
Mama Jo

juf_84

#6 Post by juf_84 »

I use strawberry flavoured chapstick but I also like Lucas' paw paw ointment. And the good thing about it is that you can use it on your skin as well!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

turrrtlelove22

#7 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I like Burts Bees and the tingle it gives. There are others that dont tingle as well. I'm getting braces hopefully this month or next month and lipgloss/chapstick has been like the #1 thing to have a lot of!!! I think it's attractive to see a guy use chapstick since some think it is 'girly', and I also think it makes ones lips more kissably soft...**^^**

astereje

#8 Post by astereje »

i have found that when my elastics/rubber bands are in, i cannot tuck my lips together to spread the lip balm (or in some cases lipstick). so my advice, if you have elastics, put the lip balm on before you put in the elastics.

missing_tooth

#9 Post by missing_tooth »

I've found that lip gloss last longer than any carmex, chapstick or lip balm.

- Missing Tooth -

Lisa65

#10 Post by Lisa65 »

I just use Vaseline and reapply frequently.

paralegallsj

Checking In

#11 Post by paralegallsj »

I have lip balm, caramex and vaseline. I switch up frequently. I use caramex a lot before my braces so I am gonna stick 2 that

:D

Spacers Placed on Sept 5, 2006
Spacers Re-placed on Sept 12, 2006
Upper and Lower Bands Placed on Sept 14, 2006
Upper Metal Braces Placed on Sept 14, 2006
1st Adjustment on October 18, 2006
2nd Adjustment on November 28, 2006
Lower Metal Braces on November 28, 2006

lionfish

#12 Post by lionfish »

I use Nivea lippie (balm) periodically.

Flora2006

#13 Post by Flora2006 »

I love mint lip balm by Philosophy and all the ones from Lush. They are great :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006