Show me your Opaques, Silver or Pearl Ligs!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

krooner

Show me your Opaques, Silver or Pearl Ligs!

#1 Post by krooner »

Ok, so I'm a big chicken when it comes to colored braces and I'm trying to stay inconspicuous! But my clear ligs are staining no matter how good I try to be! So I've heard that these colors are the least noticable. However, I've yet to see a pic here on the site of any of them! I'd like to decide before my next appointment next month. So, I would be very grateful if you show me your ligs! :P Thank you!

Gracie

smile2006

#2 Post by smile2006 »

I have pearl colored powerchains on my ceramic braces. I have wire ties so no color there. The pearl has stayed nice looking for nearly a month. I do drink coffee and they have held up. I've stayed away from mustard and I hate curry which helps! Sorry, I don't have a picture.

ssfw

#3 Post by ssfw »

Hi krooner,

Sorry I don't have pictures either but I have glow-in-the-dark opaque ligs and powerchain. The color is similar to an off-white (on the lighter side). It blends very well. In fact for the ligs, when they are in, sometimes it is difficult to see them on my clear brackets. Of course, the powerchain is noticeable but it really blends well. The ortho assistant that placed my upper brackets suggested this color. She said the clear stains easily. I tried the grey but it was too noticeable for me. She said the glow-in-the-dark opaque color takes longer to stain. I forgot to look at the powerchain and ligs when they were removed at my last appt. but I didn't see any staining while I wore them. I drink coffee every now and then and am not a fan of curry so I can't comment about that but the ortho asst. did say curry stains ligs. I was happy with them so I asked for the same color this time along with a glow-in-the-dark pink and the hot pink color on the metal brackets on the back lower teeth - they really look nice too. The glow-in the-dark pink is not very noticeable at all. I may ask for this color on the clear brackets next time to see how they look.

Hope this info. was helpful.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

pippy

#4 Post by pippy »

There you go - nice silver ones (if you ignore the horrible teeth - I can malign them coz they're mine :)

viewtopic.php?t=7057&start=210

ThisIsMary

#5 Post by ThisIsMary »

I had clear ligs for the first part of my treatment and they did stain very easily. I changed to pearl ligs and I'm very pleased with them. They don't really look any different from clear ligs.

Scroll down the page and you'll see a picture of my braces. I'm pretty sure I have on the pearl ligs although I'm not positive because that was a while ago and you really can't tell the difference between pearl and clear

viewtopic.php?t=3266&postdays=0&postord ... art=30[url][/url]
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

krooner

Thanks Thisismary

#6 Post by krooner »

Thanks ThisisMary (and everyone)!

If those are Pearl then I want pearl! I read in your posts that you are a singer. I sing too! I've been happy to see that I can still sing with braces although I slur a little when I try to speak too fast. I can't wait to get these things off!

Gracie

wiredkitty

#7 Post by wiredkitty »

I have pearl ligs on my ceramics and they are really stained now after 5 weeks. I did eat curry and tomato based foods and red wine though! Not willing to give them up so I think I'll try silver ligs next.

ThisIsMary - how come your wire is clear? I've never seen that before. I'm SO jealous.

32yr old Kiwi
Braces on 10 August 06
1st adjustment 21 Sept 06
2nd adjustment 6 Nov 06
Surgery in a year
Expected treatment time: 24 months