extractions after braces are put it?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ilovetosmile232

extractions after braces are put it?

#1 Post by Ilovetosmile232 »

I was told I needed 4 teeths extracted for my treatment so the orth schedule me to get my brace on b4 extraction, is this normal?? anyone else here have a similar process?? if so, anyone know why the orth want to do that?? I know I should ask the orth , but it seems he is always busy and is pretty hard to get a hold of him.

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Not quiet sure however my ortho recommended and had me get extractions before he would put the braces on me!

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Jillianleab

#3 Post by Jillianleab »

I had to have my wisdoms taken out, and my ortho said it didn't matter if it was done before or after I was braced. I think other people on this board have had extractions post-banding, so maybe they can be of more help!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

thisismethen

#4 Post by thisismethen »

Don't worry I have braces for about 2 weeks now and I am getting 2 extractions tomorrow and they arent even the wisdom teeth. So yea some of us are in the same boat, good luck! :)

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

I had a wisdom tooth pulled 5 months after I got braces.