Quick question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

Quick question

#1 Post by newmetal »

Hi peeps

Well i was braced last week and as one of my teeth was far back in comparrison to the rest, the ortho only put a bracket on it and did not attach the wire to it. Now im just curious, how will they move this tooth back into place?Anyone else have a situation like this where a tooth was not attached to the archwire..

Many thanks

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I had a tooth that they couldn't put a bracket on at all. They put a spring on the teeth on either side of it to move them out of the way first. They eventually put a bracket on it and wire tied it to the archwire and continued to tighten it until it was straight enough for a regular bracket/ligation.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Kodius Champion

#3 Post by Kodius Champion »

I currently have three teeth which aren't connected to my archwires:

- One on my left side up above, which is just too far in to be connected, and where I had a spring installed last adjustment

And:

- One in front below, which is rather crowded behind the others, and also needs a spring sometime in the future

- One on the bottom left side, which is pushed WAY inside the arch and wasn't even bracketed when my bottoms were put on. Not sure when they'll be able to do anything with that one ... :?

nita

#4 Post by nita »

I had something similar to what you're describing. One of my lower laterals was just too far back to fit into the wire at the beginning.

At my second adjustment they attached powerchains to the teeth around my "left out" tooth to create room for the tooth to come forward. By the fourth adjustment, there was enough room to bring the tooth into the arch, so they just pulled the wire back toward it and attached the bracket to the wire with a wire tie and lig and in a couple hours the tooth was incorporated into the arch. It was pretty amazing to watch!
Top brackets and spacers on 2/17/06
Molar bands on 3/6/06
Extractions and full braces 3/27/06
Update: 22-24 months total time in braces!

pippy

#5 Post by pippy »

Yep I have two shy ones that currently have brackets but not attached to wire. I have springs attached to the teeth either side of the reluctant teeth to make room to pull them through. Already there is almost enough room for the bottom one to get attached soon. Top lateral still looks a long way off though. It will be interesting to see how they get it attached to the archwire once the springs are gone :?