Would you choose your orthodontist again? Why or why not?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

knownothing

Would you choose your orthodontist again? Why or why not?

#1 Post by knownothing »

I am not looking to put anyone down and don't want names posted unless you are bragging on your ortho.... But my question is simple would you choose the same person again?? If so why? if NOT why not?

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Yes I would choose him again. The number one reason is that if I have a problem they will take me within hours (not days) to have a look. The next reason is that my ortho spends ALOT of time with me at each appointment checking my teeth and discussing my treatment. He has never treated me like a kid. Well - that would be pretty hard since I am way older than him.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

stRaighteR

#3 Post by stRaighteR »

i've had 3 orthos so far...the first for a complete treatment, the second for retainers, and the third to be braced again. I can only speak for the first two as I haven't interacted with the third too much as yet, but the first two, I would definitely go back to. They were both patient, extremely nice, and always made me feel comfortable.

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

I would, without even thinking twice about it, choose my current ortho again. He's such an amazing, caring person. He spends as much time with me as needed...never rushes things...always takes his time...Just overall a great doctor.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

susieq182

#5 Post by susieq182 »

I would not go to my ortho agian in fact i am considering changing orthos.
My reasons are as follows.
1. I am constantly rescheduled
2. he does not answer my questions
3. he practices in several town in my state and therefore is not always in his office in an emergency.

So why did i choose him to begin with. he was highly recomended and he has the best credintials. On paper he looks like the best ortho in my area, and i can't say he is doing a bad job just poor bedside manner and constant schedule changes. I also felt the treatment plan he offered made the most sense. I can deal with issues 2 and 3 but my top issue is as much because it just annoys me as it causes conflict at my job. I have to take time off for appointments and i have to request it 2 days in advance so when they call the day before and say you have to come in next week its a total hastle.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

Well I'm still quite early on in my treatment, but based on my experiences so far I would pick my ortho again in a heartbeat and would also recommend him to anyone else who was interested in getting braces.

He's very caring and involved and does all the work himself. He always takes time to explain what's going on and anwer questions. When I had all that trouble following the insertion of my mini-screws he saw me immediately and afterwards when he saw how much pain I was in and how upset I was, ordered me a taxi home and told me to bill it to the practice. He also called me a few days later to check everything was OK.

I've rung him once or twice with other minor concerns as I do tend to be a worrier and he always says "it's no trouble Lisa, that's what I'm here for"

He also has a great sense of humour and puts up with fitchick (his other patient on this forum) and me ganging up on him! :lol:

Jillianleab

#7 Post by Jillianleab »

I love my ortho, I would absolutly go to him again, or refer others to him. He has a very modern, well-run office, and two location within 30mins of eachother, so I can ALWAYS see HIM if needed. Most of the assts are great, and very friendly as well. One of the things his entire office prides themselves on is being on time - I've never had to wait past my appointment time to be taken back. He also treats me like an adult (tho his assts always seem to ask if I need a school excuse, and I'm older than a lot of them), and answers my questions without putting me off. Plus, last time I went in, he was so excited about my progress, which is always nice :)
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Cor1

MOST DEFINATLEY!!!!!

#8 Post by Cor1 »

Well if I ever had to do it again........(WHICH I HOPE I NEVER DO!!00

I would sooooooooooooooo choose my ortho again, she and her team are AWSOME, today for example, I had one of my wires come out last night, called and left a message, they returned my call, and I was in first thing in morining, and you have to sign in when you get to my ortho, so when I did, they had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY greeting for me on the computer!!! :lol: :lol: THAT WAS A VERY PERSONAL TOUCH!!

Cor1

Caroline

#9 Post by Caroline »

In a heartbeat! He is very understanding, he takes time to answer questions, and always explains the rationale for his decisions.
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

smile2006

#10 Post by smile2006 »

I would choose him again. I chose an older ortho as it was clear he has seen about everything. He totally a straight shooter and doesn't beat around the bush which I like especially since my case involved double jaw surgery and I had already had braces as a teen. The office is really good about scheduling in emergencies and rescheduling appointments when my work conflicts with a previously scheduled appointment. Also, I have seen him a minimum of once a month and sometimes even more frequently depending on what was going on.....I like this, it seems like some people have a long time in between appointments.

jaswi

#11 Post by jaswi »

No. At least not at the moment. He seems to of lied about how long I'd be waiting for my bottoms(which are my biggest concern). Thats my biggest concern, but I guess I'll see how it goes for a few months. If I had to start over I probably would have went for a few more consults.

eoberhauser

#12 Post by eoberhauser »

I absolutely adore my ortho. He is board certified and extremely friendly. I'm one of those weirdos that love my braces, even my elastics and I think he really gets a kick out of it. On Tuesday, my last adjustment, he said that the way I wear my elastics 24/7 brought a tear to his eye. If you can imagine a Vikings fan going to a Packer fan ortho and still loving it, that will tell you how cool he is.

lionfish

#13 Post by lionfish »

eoberhauser wrote:I absolutely adore my ortho. He is board certified and extremely friendly. I'm one of those weirdos that love my braces, even my elastics.
Not so weird. Elastics move teeth like I never dreamed would be possible. I'm also a fan.

missing_tooth

#14 Post by missing_tooth »

Absolutely, he is the best

- Missing Tooth -

KathleenH

#15 Post by KathleenH »

Absolutely. The entire process has been great. I have never had a canceled appointment; I have never had to wait beyond my appointment time; at each visit, I am told how long the next visit will be, and it's never gone longer; the assistants have all been friendly and professional (except one, and she was gone within the month); and they did a great job! I couldn't be happier with the results, and I would (and have!) recommend the office to anyone.

It's a two-doc practice, and both docs see each patient on a regular basis. I loved the fact that it was a common treatment room - I was able to see other patients in various stages of treatment. I could always look around and think, "That'll be me in a few months," or "I am glad I'm past that stage." And I was able to see that many other adults were going through the process as well, which was very comforting.
Kathleen

Surgery survivor