Is it strange..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KJNELLAMORE

Is it strange..

#1 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

for an ortho to NOT do molds? The ortho that I finally chose did X-Rays, but not molds. I had spacers put in on 9/13, and will have my lower braces put in on 9/20.. that day, I will also have a mold done of my upper teeth (to make my RPE) and then I will have my RPE and upper braces put in a few weeks later. I just realized that he has not and did not mention the intention to, do molds of both my uppers and lowers (like the other ortho's that I consulted with did or would have done). Is that odd?

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I think I had my molds done the day that I got my braces put on. But can't remember that clearly. I didn't keep a log. :-(
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Zondrae

#3 Post by Zondrae »

I also had moulds taken just before my braces were put on.

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

My neighbors daughter had no molds done at all and her treatment went through completly, now I'm in braces and I've had molds taken one week prior to getting braces and now I have been in braces for 10 days :)

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

By the way my braces only bothered and caused pain on day 3 and that was it NO MORE PAIN!

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

David

#5 Post by David »

Two of my daughters had no molds taken. Their ortho said he can get what he needs with photos and only uses molds in difficult cases.

jenstrom

#6 Post by jenstrom »

I had molds taken. My ortho has brought them out on a couple of occasions to compare them with my teeth( a work in progress).

paralegallsj

Hello-

#7 Post by paralegallsj »

I didn't have molds done. I had to have some pictures re-done right before they put my braces on.

I was wondering about that also. No one that was getting braces at the time I was got them either.........

:?: :?:

Spacers Placed on Sept 5, 2006
Spacers Re-placed on Sept 12, 2006
Upper and Lower Bands Placed on Sept 14, 2006
Upper Metal Braces Placed on Sept 14, 2006
1st Adjustment on October 18, 2006
2nd Adjustment on November 28, 2006
Lower Metal Braces on November 28, 2006

Jillianleab

#8 Post by Jillianleab »

I didn't have molds done, only photos and x-rays. They took digital pictures and keep them on the computer so they can pull them up when I have an appointment to track my progress.
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

diande

#9 Post by diande »

i had molds done on the first day i visited the ortho, right after the consultation. i was interested in seeing it myself, like what do my teeth realllly look like altogther :lol:

jcdamon3

#10 Post by jcdamon3 »

KJNELLAMORE is it possible that since you are considering surgery that the molds would be useless after surgery so they are not going to take them?
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!