my extractions are staining my braces! :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

thisismethen

my extractions are staining my braces! :(

#1 Post by thisismethen »

I just got 2 extractions on Wed, it is now Friday and they are still bleeding, obviously not as much as the first day but enough for me to notice. When I woke up this morning, my mouth was a dull yellow from all the blood...worst part is, IT STAINED MY CLEAR BRACES(ligaments)!

Is this normal or should I call the dentist?

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

A tiny bit of bleeding MIGHT be okay but I would, if I was you, contact my dentist just to make sure all is fine.

I suggest you call your dentist and ask about this...you will get an answer and you won't have the stress of worrying about this anymore.

Good luck!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

babykitten75

#3 Post by babykitten75 »

HI thisismethen

I had a bit of trouble with the blood stopping too when I got my extractions. I called my dentist and they said to soak a tea bag in water and bite down on it where the extraction site is. Something in tea promotes blood clotting. It worked for me! Hopefully, it will work for you. Good Luck!

Only thing is, it might not help with your clear braces since tea can stain.
3 teeth extracted: Thursday, July 20, 2006
2 teeth extracted: Thursday, July 27, 2006
5 spacers put in: Tuesday, August 8, 2006
Spacers out, full braces in: Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Brace Treatment Time: 22 - 26 months.
(It has now been 26 months. I hope they will be OFF soon!)

RainyDay2

#4 Post by RainyDay2 »

I had extractions on a Wed like you and by Friday morning i still had some bleeding. I remember it stopping that same evening. I was kind of worried and was going to call if it didn't get better by Sat morning. Anyways, I was also worried about ligature staining since it looked like there was blood on my braces. I just kept brushing and I'm happy to report that there was no staining. In fact I still have the same clear ligs I had back at extraction time. Will have my first adjustment on Wed.