Expander accidently unwinds

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

steak

Expander accidently unwinds

#1 Post by steak »

Hey all, I got my key activated upper-arch expander in a couple of days ago. I can put in the key just fine, but there's one problem that kind of concerns me. When I turn it, sometimes when I try and take out the key, it will "unwind" a little bit. When that happens, I unwind it all the way so it doesn't get uncalibrated then push it back towards my tonsils again.

Is this ok or is the fact that it is unwinding sometimes a real problem?

Thanks!

bckydgardnr

#2 Post by bckydgardnr »

No, I really don't think that's okay. I would give your ortho a call and let him know that is happening.

Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

jenfire

#3 Post by jenfire »

I'd check with the orthodontist. It could be your technique or it could be the device.
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months