how u can speed up your treatment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

battleangel232232

how u can speed up your treatment

#1 Post by battleangel232232 »

ok.. so how can one speed one their treatment??
beside the obvious ie(not missing appointments, dont break the wires, )

and course, I know that it also depend on the patients.

But I'm here to just ask a general question , is their any tools we can use to speed up the process??? ie Chain, spring, head gear??????

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Keep your teeth clean, stay healthy, eat lots of antioxidants, take some megavitamins for quick healing, have a great attitude and stay away from stressful situations.

Somehow I don't think that this is what you wanted to hear.

I have heard some people on here begging their ortho to put the next wire in early, claiming they can take the pain. We even had someone on here that said he faked a loose bracket to get into the office earlier hoping the ortho would do the adjustment quicker. Whatever happened to him?

The best advice is stay healthy and have lots of patience. You teeth will move when they are good and ready.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

iBorg

Speedig the process

#3 Post by iBorg »

Vitamins....hadn't thought of that. I guess vitamin E would be especially helpful.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

eoberhauser

#4 Post by eoberhauser »

I think that doing everything your ortho says to a tee will speed the process. I have been religious about my elastic wearing and two times I've had 2 weeks shaved off my period between adjustments. Call me crazy, but by my math that's a month! I think orthos expect us to slack off and they probably add a cushion to the total time in braces. Be diligent and do everything the ortho says without exception.

Erin

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Follow your ortho's instructions. That way at least you won't be lengthening your treatment.