Only Brackets, no bands

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mmmmuuaa

Only Brackets, no bands

#1 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Hello

Well my jaw is finally better enough for me to get braces put on. YEA! Can't wait, 19 more days till I get braced. Anyway my ortho informed me that he doesn't us bands on the molars but rather a different kind of bracket, he showed me on a patient in the office and they looked great. Then I don't have to endure the spacers being put in. Sounds good to me but I haven't come across anyway talking about that here. Does anyone else not have bands on their molars?

Annie

stRaighteR

#2 Post by stRaighteR »

when i first had braces, i never had bands...in fact, browsing through this site a couple months ago was the first time i had ever heard of bands...some orthos use them, some don't...some ppl need them, some ppl don't...

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

My ortho is making me have spacers and use bands, saying that the brackets will not work out in my situation.

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

I really wished that I could have had those brackets on my back molars ,unfortunately I needed the bands because I needed the hooks on the other side to be able use elastics. Maybe when my molars are upright my ortho will take off the bands and put those brackets! I hate the hooks on the bands and the fact that I use 1pk of waxk per week lol

Gennel

Ravishing

#5 Post by Ravishing »

I really wish I had those. My molar bands are slicing up my tongue.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

Kell

#6 Post by Kell »

I don't have bands and did not have to endure the torture of spacers.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Tin Indian

bands

#7 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D :D My ortho decided to use the type of brackets with tubes that go on the molars that Meryaten decribes in her post. He also decided to not use spacers which really didn't hurt my feelings either.Sounds like I lucked out on both parts.
Tin Indian-over and out

Kodius Champion

#8 Post by Kodius Champion »

No bands or spacers here either, just buccal tube brackets. (Whew!) :P

diande

#9 Post by diande »

Sheesh :lol: , thanks to Meryaten, now I know what that thing's called that I've been seeing in my mouth. I just assumed that's what everyone had, Lol :!:
Upper and lower bonded retainers; Upper Hawley for night time

DEBANDED ON FRIDAY 15TH AUGUST 2008 - FINALLY!!!

Braced on 13 September 2006 - Ceramic upper and lower brackets - Estimated time was 12 Months

Higgy

#10 Post by Higgy »

I also don't have spacers or bands....I'm in speed brackets, which don't seem to have the buccal tubes either, but I'm guessing that when the time comes for elastics, etc, that they will probably change those.

lionfish

#11 Post by lionfish »

No molar bands here either, only buccal tubes.

As I have lingual braces on top and ceramics downstairs, I had ceramic "buttons" glued to the outside of all my upper premolars to anchor elastics to my lowers. These look exactly like those in meryaten's post.

sjsarre

#12 Post by sjsarre »

I don't have bands I have the tube type on my molars..

Mmmmuuaa

#13 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Wow, good to know it's common to not have bands. I just wasn't sure about it because I hadn't come across it in this site. I do have to wear elastics to correct my bite but hopefully that all works still with the buccal brackets. I'll have to remember to ask my ortho about it next time. Thanks everyone for your helpful comments and pictures.

phenyx

#14 Post by phenyx »

I only wanted to go through the spacers thing once (turned out to be twice due to a lot of delays but that's a different post) so my ortho has bonded my lower banded brackets already even though I won't be getting my full braces for a couple of months. My upper bite plate is affixed to molar bands that have both brackets and buccal tubes and they are awful! They are slicing up my cheeks horribly.

Fortunately, when the bite plate comes out so do those awful buccal tubes and hopefully my next set of molar bands won't have them.

*&$)(%(@##@ is my opinion on the bands with the brackets and buccal tubes.