I'm cursed

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iccle_Peanut

I'm cursed

#1 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Hey everyone,

I've got four days left till brace day and was planning on having a last week of freedom. However i've had terrible wisdom tooth pain in my lowers, flu including a throat infection and to make matters worse i've got identical HUGE mouth ulcers on each cheek and i'm finding it hard to eat :cry:

I don't know how i'm going to have ther lip spreaders in my mouth with the ulcers being pulled.....ouch!!!
I think maybe my waterpik technique has cut my mouth and it hurts bad :cry:

Sorry had to have a moan......hope everyone else is ok!
23rd June - First Consultation at ortho
24 July - Second Consultation - Decide on top braces
29 August - Decide on top and bottom braces.
Tops go on 26th Sept and bottoms 2-3 months after

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

I think I would postpone having braces put on until this stuff clears up.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Iccle_Peanut

#3 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

:cry: i know :cry:

I get mouth ulcers alot, mainly due to the fact that my teeth are in the wrong place so i regulary bite my cheeks.

I really hope i'll be ok for tues!!! If i didn't take this app i'd be looking at next year!!!! I cannot wait that long!

Joanna20

#4 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi, I was very nervous myself too before being braced... I think it's part of it! Try and relax, I know it's hard...! Go clubbing, go shopping etc! It really helps!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Laieniel

#5 Post by Laieniel »

Hey Iccle_Peanut sorry to hear you feel so bad.
My husband and I and all 3 of my boys are actually fighting the flu at the moment.

I also wanted to let you know and yes it sounds gross but when you are upset nervous anxious or even angry your stomach produces extra acid.
Which actually will work its way up into your mouth causing skin breakdown which makes it easier to get ulcers and sore spots.

So if you're really upset and or anxious try taking a Zantac or a Pepcid once a day this will help keep acid levels down and prevent further ulcers and help heal the others up without more irritation.

Hope this helps and hope you feel better.

Iccle_Peanut

#6 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Hi Guys, thanks for the advice. :)

Meryaten - I've actually been having concerns recently about which vitimins i should take etc. I'm a vegetarian and to be honest i took vit b and c for a while but i'm so forgettfull. I'm not sure what else to take. Wouldn't know who to ask?

Laieniel - Firstly hope your boys and husband get well soon and Yes your right! I seem to get mouth ulcers more when i'm stressed. I'm at university and had them nearly every week during term time. I've just had the summer off and prob had the odd one here and then, mainly due to being less stressed. I'm willing the put up with the brace sores though, hopefully when my teeth are straight i'll stop biting my cheek :)

Joanna20 - Once i shift this flu i'm going clubbing loads.....want to show my brace off to the world.....(wonder if i'll get asked for identification to get into a club, heard a brace makes you look younger)

Thanks everyone, i feel better already after reading your replies.

Iccle_Peanut

#7 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Thanks Kiwi. I doubt i'll get into my docs before tues. It useually takes about a week for an app unless it's an emergency. I'll chat to my ortho when i go to get braced and see what he says. My mouth ulcers are starting to heal. Probs due to rinsteads and salt water rinses. Well they don't hurt as much as last night anyway.

Luckily the wisdom tooth pain i had was on the bottom teeth (which are not getting braced yet) so i should be ok

Fingers crossed....... :)