Whay are my brackets on the lowes part of my teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

Whay are my brackets on the lowes part of my teeth?

#1 Post by Kat »

I remember seeing my brackets for the first time when the ortho told me to go rinse after putting these things on and I almost cried. I remember thinking they were way to low on my teeth.
I didn't think to ask why because I know they know what they are doing.

My brackets are on the lower halfs of my teeth. The bottoms of the brackets are very close to the bottoms edges of my teeth.
I do have a over bite and wonder if this has anything to do with it?

I see most everyone has the brackets smack dab in the middle of their tooth...?

Aine

#2 Post by Aine »

I also started with a mild overbite and my ceramic brackets are extremely low on my top teeth. I have always been afraid that they will snap off. I can't bite into anything ...not even a slice of toast!!! As a matter of fact, even my dentist remarked to me that he had never seen brackets so low on anyone's teeth before. Not to worry....my ortho obviously knows what he is doing because my teeth are looking great! He did mention that he may reposition them in the finishing stages, so I'll have to wait and see.

Izzy

#3 Post by Izzy »

I have an overbite and an overjet. My brackets are very low on my bottom teeth and I also have bite turbos behind my front teeth to keep me from bitting off my lower brackets.

Mine are also working nicely in their low positon!

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

I only have my bottoms braced, I have an overjet but not an overbite. My brackets are quite high up on my teeth, which surprised me when it was done. I haven't asked why though.

Tin Indian

#5 Post by Tin Indian »

I swore up and down my bottom brackets were attached to my gums, they were so low. I asked why and they said to broaden my arch and also that I wouldn't bite down on them when I chewed.My tops are what you call in the normal position. Doc said he would move them later if need be.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08