Poll: How many of you do this...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

turrrtlelove22

Poll: How many of you do this...

#1 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

When I brush my teeth I close my eyes...lol. And when I go to the dentist, even when I was little I closed my eyes. Funny.

I was just curious as to how many ppl do this. I'm really not sure as to why I do it. I try to keep them open, but I feel more comfy with them closed. I guess it's so odd to have someone so close to you, in your face, literally. lol.
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I like to see where the toothpaste/drool mix is going when it overflows.

iBorg

do you do this

#3 Post by iBorg »

When I get a teeth cleaning, I normally go to sleep. When I got my uppers, I was almost too nervous to breath.

Mke
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

Sometimes I close my eyes at the dentist. It just seems freaky to kind of be staring at the ceiling or the wall or the dentist.

When I brush my teeth, sometimes I do close my eyes. With the Sonicare it feels like I am massaging my teeth on so I just close my eyes and Enjoy! :-) Take deep healing breaths and will those teeth to move into their next positions!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

science teacher

dentist

#5 Post by science teacher »

I close my eyes anytime I"m in the dentist chair.
KIM

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

I close my eyes in the dentist's chair because I am not comfortable with having my personal space invaded by people being so close to me. Closing my eyes helps me not feel so anxious about it.

I have my eyes open to floss my teeth and to use the interdental brushes because i need to see where to put them, But (I've never thought about this before) I do close my eyes when using my sonicare toothbrush. I just kind of do it by "feel"

Ravishing

#7 Post by Ravishing »

I close my eyes at the dentist but tend to peek more at the orthodontist. My eyes are wide open when I brush at home. I have that toothpaste overflow problem as well. Plus my cat has recently decided that he needs to hop up on the counter, rub on me, purr and splash water while I'm trying to brush and floss. Things could get really messy if my eyes were closed!
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

nvcarissa

#8 Post by nvcarissa »

Eyes wide open while brushing, at the dentist or the ortho. I like to know what's going on at all times.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

katmc_tx

#9 Post by katmc_tx »

I dont close my eyes while brushing, floshing or using my waterpik. For the most part I do close my eyes while at the dentist especially if they are doing some major work. But I guess at the ortho I keep my eyes open cause I'm trying to read my progress on the computer screne.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

ironyengine

#10 Post by ironyengine »

I don't close my eyes while brushing, I do close them while at the dentist / orthodizzle while they're working to prevent things flying out of my mouth into an eye socket however. This happened the first time I had my ligatures changed, luckily that day I was wearing my glasses. I think as long as you can still brush thoroughly with your eyes shut there shouldn't be a problem.

turrrtlelove22

#11 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Haha. This is all very funny to me. Yea I did peek at the dentist every once in a while, out of curiosity, but then snapped shut again... hehe
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Joual

#12 Post by Joual »

I always have my eyes open when I brush. I don't always look in the mirror while I brush, though. When I'm at the dentist I have my eyes open, usually staring at the ceiling or something else.

Julie08

Eyes open

#13 Post by Julie08 »

Eyes open when brushing teeth . . .

but it is impossible for me to keep my mouth closed while putting on mascara for some reason!