just finished my 4 extractions.. it wasn't that bad

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

battleangel232232

just finished my 4 extractions.. it wasn't that bad

#1 Post by battleangel232232 »

It wasn’t that bad, yesterday afternoon went and took 4 of my teeth out, so the orth can pull my front teeth back.Going to the orth tomorrow for elastics to start to close the gap=) The extractions itself wasn’t that bad, the doc gave me like few shots of drug and then after 30mins.. all 4 teeth are gone=). I still feel a little pain on the right bottom of my teeth… not sure that’s normal.

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you! I'd imagine a little discomfort is to be expected afterwards.
Hope all can proceed smoothly now with your ortho treatment!

Gennel

#3 Post by Gennel »

That is great that your extractions went smoothly! Some of the pain may be from the roots being pulled out as Karen said. I had 6 teeth pulled in one day and I had no pain in 5 of them except one that developed a infection ,that caused me a lot of pain immediately. Normally extractions leave little pain afterward and that is great! The worst part is the fear and anxiety that we go through : :wink:

Gennel

trigger

Re: just finished my 4 extractions.. it wasn't that bad

#4 Post by trigger »

battleangel232232 wrote:It wasn’t that bad, yesterday afternoon went and took 4 of my teeth out, so the orth can pull my front teeth back.Going to the orth tomorrow for elastics to start to close the gap=) The extractions itself wasn’t that bad, the doc gave me like few shots of drug and then after 30mins.. all 4 teeth are gone=). I still feel a little pain on the right bottom of my teeth… not sure that’s normal.
You know why it was'nt bad? Because it is'nt that bad. Good to hear someone not make a soap opera out of the event. When you factor in that this is part of the process of having a nice smile and good bite why do people whine about it? I just don't get it. " I was torn to tears over getting this done". Puhlease! Good for you battleangel and congratulations on being one step closer to your goal.

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

When you factor in that this is part of the process of having a nice smile and good bite why do people whine about it?
Because everyone is different, and everybody reacts differently to things. Don't judge others by YOUR standards. They are not you.

jcdamon3

#6 Post by jcdamon3 »

I have to agree that everyone's experience is different. The fact is however that I think this board allows folks to complain quite easily, otherwise we would not have anything to post about really. You are going to see more people complaining that things hurt than where the response is "hay, it wasn't that bad!" (like this post)

I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 16 and it wasn't very easy. I didn't have a forum to come and post about it. I got plenty of sympathy from my family though which was good.

The truth of the matter is though that we are all doing this by choice. At 16 I don't think I had a choice but to have my wisdom teeth out, but if I had to do it again and had a choice, I would do it again because the alternative was not great.

If my ortho told me that I needed extractions for this treatment or surgery I probably would have walked away. This is a choice I made before even seeing him.

But yeah, sometimes things are worse or better than you expect. I always try to expect the worst and hope for the best. When I started the braces thing I was really nervous because I was expecting the worst. The first two months were really rough. Braces are not easy and I have never gotten used to mine. Not bad enough to whine all the time but it is always in the back of my mind - when is my next appointment? When am I getting these things off?
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Joual

#7 Post by Joual »

trigger, No one comes here to "make a soap opera" out of anything or to whine about anything. That is not the intention of anyone here. This is a difficult process for some of us, either physically or mentally or both. We come here to connect with others who understand and sympathize.

This is a safe place that we can all come to vent our anxieties and frustrations without fear of being judged or criticized. What's easy for you may be very difficult for someone else. What's difficult for you may be very easy for someone else.

Please do not judge or criticize others here.

SDFD TSchott

#8 Post by SDFD TSchott »

[quote="Joual"

Please do not judge or criticize others here.[/quote]

I Came to these forums cause I knew I could get advice, I knew I could vent and I knew there was awesome people here however when people start to criticize others it just makes me feel that I don't want to be here so I'm going to have to agree with Joual, DON'T CRITICIZE OTHERS HERE!

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

*I Get enough Criticizing done at work*

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Joual

#9 Post by Joual »

battleangel, I'm so glad to hear that your extractions went well. My front teeth also need to be pulled back and I'm supposed to get 4 teeth out, too. Congratulations on getting the extractions overwith!

Joanna20

#10 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey girl! I'm glad everything went fine, it was great reading your post 'cause I'll be doing the same thing in 2 weeks!!! I hope the pain you are felling is normal and that you have no major complications :)
Good luck with getting that elastic put on tomorrow!

Take care,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February