Elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starzin

Elastics

#1 Post by starzin »

Hi. How are all my brace buddies doing?
I've been in Damon Speed Braces for about a year now.
I have a question about elastics.
My ortho told me to wear double elastics 24/7.
Will it accelerate my progress if I wear triple?
I'm just curious. I would like to speed this process along.
As usual, all comments extremely appreciated! :wink:

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I've seen a post in the fourms before about this same subject and if I remember right you can use triple but its not recommended that you use more then what your orthodontist recommended.

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Do not increase the strength without your ortho's permission. You could do damage to your teeth.

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Trying to speed the process up usually results in actually slowing it down. The ligaments resist so the teeth don't move as quickly OR over movement happens and there is then correction to that in addition to the original work being done.

Just follow your ortho's instructions and be patient :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm