And then the blonde shows up

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Laieniel

And then the blonde shows up

#1 Post by Laieniel »

Well first off no offense to blondes anywhere as I am 100% blonde myself.

Last night I ate some ribs about 10:30 immediately I got that itchy gum feeling where you know there's food stuck where it shouldn't be.

So I go to the bathroom and grab my floss and pull it out. Hmmm I had only this much _______ floss left LoL. So then the blonde moment occured I thought well I'll just use thread....Great thought now huh...
Well I get the thread through the wire and started trying to work it between the teeth and then it happened..the thread SNAPPED leaving this awful chunk wedged in between these 2 teeth.

So I get the waterpik...rib comes out but not the thread ...then I go at it with a toothpick...still nothing... Then a pair of tweezers . nope still stuck .. I dug at this string for an hour before I finally got it.

Needless to say I have one heck of a sore gum today and can't believe flossing got me into that big of a jam LoL

Dramagyrl

#2 Post by Dramagyrl »

Yeah, I've had the sheding floss experience, a couple of times. Happens mostly on back brackets when I'm trying to get in there.

It's happened with like three flosses of mine (and now I know thread is no better lol :) ) so I wonder what can be used that doesn't tear and shred to pieces. One of the worst feelings is having something like that stuck in your teeth!

Laieniel

#3 Post by Laieniel »

well my husband did suggest 10 lb fishing line :lol:

Theres a mental picture....Tacklebox in the bathroom right beside the waterpik ..hmmm :wink:

Attagirl2

#4 Post by Attagirl2 »

Good one, Laieniel! Your story should be added to the "Metal Mouth" Hall of Misadventures - if Lynn is keeping track of all our escapades.

As for a better floss that doesn't shread, Dramagryl, I had to switch from Oral B Satin Floss to Oral B Satin Tape. (This when the orthodontist changed my bottom braces from Damon 3's to Smart Clips - less suceptable to the gobs of tartar I make in my mouth). Anyway, the tape will still shred, but is 90% better than the floss.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

niknikc

#5 Post by niknikc »

Laieniel wrote:well my husband did suggest 10 lb fishing line :lol:

Theres a mental picture....Tacklebox in the bathroom right beside the waterpik ..hmmm :wink:

LOL if that's not HILLBILLY ORTHODONTICS I don't know what is! LOL Sounds like something I'd come up with! I'm proud Laieniel! Probably wouldn't recommend it though, might tingle a little more than the thread did! :lol:

NatalieMac

#6 Post by NatalieMac »

I don't even have my braces yet - day after tomorrow! - and I've had trouble getting floss stuck and shredded in my very tight teeth. One time I had a piece stuck in there for DAYS! It drove me crazy.

Of course, now I recognize that feeling as the feeling of having a spacer! :-)

mindwaves

#7 Post by mindwaves »

hahaha...that is some story! Thanks for sharing!!

edit: I LOVE the title also...lol