Debanding date! - plus I was scolded!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lyn

Debanding date! - plus I was scolded!

#1 Post by Lyn »

Hello Everyone!

I just got back from my adjustment. My debanding date is November 8th! :!: I can't believe I've come to the end of my journey. It had its ups and downs, but for the most part it has been a great experience. :D

Just when I thought I was finished in the chair, dr. says "OH No, you have a loose band, no TWO!!" I thought he was kidding until it fell into my mouth! Well, then he starts with "what have you been eating hard or sticky?" Mind you I am 41 yrs. old and know what I SHOULD and SHOULDN"T be eating! He then proceeded to "reattach" new ones - the whole process for two teeth. I sat like a scolded child and he gave me the cold shoulder the rest of the appt. I can't believe the end of my journey had this unexpected twist.

Oh well, the next 5 wks should fly by........ and then its on to 24/7 retainers[invisalign type] for 6 months and then [wire]retainers at night 4ever.
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

Yours is the day after mine unless they bump my date up! Congrats!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

I would be so happy I wouldn't care about the scolding. :-) And if you made it this far and this is your first loose bracket I don't think the ortho has much to complain about! He is just being grumpy!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

stargirl

#4 Post by stargirl »

Congrats! Your debanding date is one day after mine as well! :wink:

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

:D

Good for all of you with debanding dates!

I wouldn't be too worried about the scolding either.

CONGRATS

Jingle

#6 Post by Jingle »

Congratulations Lyn! Your debanding date is 2 days after mine. Wow, it seems like a very popular time to get your braces off, by the looks of the replies you are recieving. You must be so excited. I know I am! :D

Joual

#7 Post by Joual »

Congratulations Lyn! Your ortho must have had a bad day dealing with his child patients, so he must have still been in "kid mode" when you came in.

Lyn

#8 Post by Lyn »

Sounds like your ortho forgot you were an adult and gave you the 'childish behaviour' ... kinda tragic, but I'm sure you were too excited to let that dampen your spirits!
I agree!! :-#) I am so excited about getting NAKED that I let that little slap on the wrist go by. He was probably ticked that he had to re-attach two brackets and wasn't in the mood to do it........oh well, that's his job right!!! My original sentence was 18-24 mos. I am WAY ahead of schedule.

I asked my husband what we were going to do to celebrate my debanding...... :lol: :lol: :lol: He looked at me like....."Um....I just spent $4,000, what else do ya want?!" hahahahaha. :jump: I thought a nice big juicy steak and corn on the cob sounds pretty good!!!!!!!! 8)
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Leslie022

#9 Post by Leslie022 »

Steak sounds great but I'm looking forward to eating a sandwich with HARD, CRUSTY bread!!!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top