Kissing 101

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

Kissing 101

#1 Post by Kat »

Geez, it's kind of a pain! I mean pain, ha! WHACK!

Hard to keep things real gental at times IF ya know what I mean...
Boyfriend is real good about it (But I noticed he doesn't go real deep like before, maybe it's because I feel funny about them) but I keep thinking hes gonna get grossed out feeling these things...I don't know, he says not.

What do your partners think?

juf_84

#2 Post by juf_84 »

I don't know- I haven't really asked my boyfriend about that in particular. I don't think it's a problem- we kiss just as much as before (not that it's all that much... he lives 6 hours away :( )

There's an article on kissing in braces on the main page which is great.

Just keep at it and it will be great!!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Wish I had a girlfriend to kiss and makeout with :)

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Kat

#4 Post by Kat »

SDFD TSchott wrote:I Wish I had a girlfriend to kiss and makeout with :)

SDFD TSchott

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GemGal

#5 Post by GemGal »

I unfortunately haven't had the chance to kiss anyone since these came on. BOO!

Gennel

#6 Post by Gennel »

October 14th will mark 4 months since upper braces on and about 2 1/2 months since bottom braces on. I must say that the first month was very awkward for me.I am married and a friend of ours (male) told me "OMG I feel so sorry for you guys because when my wife had braces we went through hell" I refused to believe that! He said how he used to get cut all the time or his lips get stuck etc... I'm really glad I was not convinced by his story! lol My husband being very supportive of my braces ,started out by giving me gentle kisses. Well 4 months later ...he's never even felt my braces with his lips or tongue.I wanted to get rid of any weird feelings about my braces and so I asked hubby to touch the braces with his fingers and he even licked my braces all the way across like a traintrack lol. It was fun and funny and after that we've been fine. Actually he recently mentioned to me "Wow,that was a nice one! " Like when we were first dating and all lol.
Nothing has changed for us. We still do "Everything" and braces are not an issue . I will say that right after an adjustment I do feel some teeth sore and obviously my hubby is gentle until I am feeling better ,which is usually 1-2 days. I personally feel that it has to do with our attitude toward this journey. If I would have felt that the braces are the worst things and that I look like a freak with braces then most likely anything intimate would be a problem.
It does get better but it's really up to you or how understanding and informed your partner is.I talked a lot with my husband about what to expect and my worries etc...

Gennel

jaswi

#7 Post by jaswi »

Braces really hasn't changed my kissing habits any, i've had one girlfriend who said they tickled, and another girl I kissed that never said anything. However, I've been talking to a girl I met online and we're kinda into each other but haven't met yet. I asked her what she thought of my braces and she said 'doesn't bother me, I have them myself'.. She's 19 and is just getting them, like spacers time. Hopefully I'll get to kiss her really soon, that should be fun.

Jillianleab

#8 Post by Jillianleab »

For the first few weeks I had mine on, it was sore to kiss my hubby with any sort of force. He had braces as a teen, and was (still is) sympathetic to the whole process, so we just toned it down until the pain subsided. Now for maybe a day or so after and adjustment it will hurt a little, but other than that, no problems. At one point I asked my hubby if he even noticed a difference - he said not at all.

Be patient!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

xtrememkovr

#9 Post by xtrememkovr »

The guy I'm currently "seeing" had braces when he was younger. I warned him before anything "jumped off" that I was going to be getting braces - and we googled a lot to see if there were any tips about kissing and other -er- things. It was pretty fun to see the types of information we found - and we quickly practiced the methods to see if they were any good. I found kissing him before braces was much more exciting - as he would kinda touch my teeth in the most sweet way with the tip of his tongue while kissing me. *sigh*. He's the B-E-S-T kisser ever so I was kinda worried I'd be killing the best kissing experience I've ever had by getting braces- BUT - over all - I think we'll make it. He doesn't mash his lips against mine which would be painful - but is very gentle and sweet about it and I think that helps, too. The most important tip I have is communication. Lay it all out on the table so to speak - and TOGETHER find ways to kiss, etc. that will be comfortable for both of you. :)

X.

p.s. I agree - the article about kissing on this site is a great one!

Samantha08

#10 Post by Samantha08 »

It hasnt made any kind of difference for myself and my boyfriend. He thinks my braces are cute :roll: and doesnt have a problem with them at all.
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

Willz

#11 Post by Willz »

I'm seeing a guy now, he doesn't seem to mind the braces. However I'm still really self-concious about them!

SDFD TSchott

#12 Post by SDFD TSchott »

<--- looking and soon to find one :)

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Skinny

#13 Post by Skinny »

Oh this is too cute! Yes kissing is diffrent a bit.
I used to feel like I was a good kisser but now, I feel average hehe.
I havent had one complaint though!
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

Tin Indian

#14 Post by Tin Indian »

Wife picks on me some because she's being cute, but it does take a bit getting used to having to use more pucker power to get a kiss. She will just have to teach me - if you know what I mean!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08