Braced 2 weeks ago -pic finally attached

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MBell

Braced 2 weeks ago -pic finally attached

#1 Post by MBell »

Hi Guys,

I am 21 years old, just got braced 2 weeks ago, after years of hating my teeth, I finally made an appointment aug 25th was braced on Sep 27th both upper and lower I have crownding on my upper and lower front teeth, slight over bite - well I think thats what I have. had no extractions, which I am a little confused as to how 1 of my bottom teeth will fit in place. my top teeth will fit in place as I had already lost a tooth a couple of years ago,
I like probably everyone one have spent years hiding my smile and the main reason I did not get this done earlier was I was so embarrased of my teeth I couldnt even bear a dentist looking at them - silly huh?
But now of course I wish I had this done a while ago.

My teeth are very crooked and worse its all only in my front teeth, I have spent years of trying to talk in a way that my teeth are hidden , more like mumbling hehe..

I have been looking at this site since August and think its great, I especially like looking at the progress pics they are really good and I cant wait till my tetth are straight.

Ok so some questions,

I know everyones teeth moves differently but anyone who has experienced the same type of problems with their teeth (crowding) how long did it take for your teeth to straighten up. I dont mind wearing braces that much its just having very crooked teeth and braces are the worse part for me. - most people I meet in braces actually appear to have straight teeth, dont know if their doing minor work or their teeth have alread straightened???

And any progress pics wuld be great to see.

This pic is 2 weeks into braces, I can believe I.m putting this pic on, I feel as though my teeth are the worse I've ever seen

ps: sorry its not that clear I have been trying all day to put a pic on just worked it out.

[URL=http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by MBell on Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi mbell, great day today, isn't it?

There have been a few posts recently about the pace of movement. Scroll down a bit on this forum and you will find them.

I'm not a pic poster myself, but there are instructions on the board (somewhere).

If you want to see progress pics, go to the Braces Stories forum. There are plenty before, during and after pics there.

pippy

#3 Post by pippy »

Hi

i know exactly what you mean!! I got mine 13 weeks ago and was horrified when I saw them on as I had only seen them on straight teeth and sort of expectde this inconspicuous little wire not the deranged origami I ended up with!! Plus people who never noticed my teeth were crooke before were now drawn to commenting on them! My teeth were in some ways similar to yours - little ones hiding behind others. Check my recent post - adjust 2 with pics and you will see the changes only another 10 weeks could bring. Now people are commenting nicely about the braces and teeth. Hang in there. Those of us who start off with mad teeth get to see changes really quickly and it all gets very exciting!

joney

#4 Post by joney »

Hi MBell

Great that you're braced. I know what you mean about dentists. I used to hate it each time I went to a new dentist and I would feel like they were gasping at my teeth. I'm sure this was just me being self conscious as they must see all sorts in their line of work but it didn't stop me feeling that way nevertheless.

Good luck with everything. I'm sure things will start moving pretty quickly for you.

Regards
Joney

MBell

#5 Post by MBell »

Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments and support, this forum is so great to know you are not alone in feeling the way I did, now I just feel silly for not doing something with my teeth sooner.
But never late than never I guess.

cbushnaq

#6 Post by cbushnaq »

I too have always been very self consious about my teeth and hated to go to the dentist or hygienist. And when I first got my braces on so many people noticed them since it enhanced their crookedness. But I am very happy to say that I have seen significant movement since I had them put on 5 weeks ago. I know everyone is different but you will probably see a significant change in the next few weeks. And don't think that your teeth are the worst - everyone thinks theirs is the worst. (I think mine are a lot worse than yours!

Good luck!
Cindy