Teflon ties anyone?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

krooner

Teflon ties anyone?

#1 Post by krooner »

I just had my first adjustment today (yay!) - I will attempt to post pics later. I just had to tell you I was pleasantly surprised...
I had told them over the phone a few weeks ago that I was dissapointed in my clear ligs staining (I drink lots of coffee) and had asked about the neo clips or wire ties some of you spoke of. They said they use them but they don't "work" with the new Ice clear brackets that I have on top. :cry: So, I figured I'd ask for the opaque, silver or smoke colored ligs at this appt.

Well, when I got there today they informed me that my ortho had ordered "teflon wire ties" for me because I didn't like the staining of my ligs! So they put them on and they look great! :) Supposedly they don't stain. Does anyone have any experience with these? Just curious. Oh, and maybe it's my imagination but they don't seem as "bulky" as the clear ligs too. All in my head?

Thanks in advance....

Gracie

GemGal

#2 Post by GemGal »

:-1 Let me know how those work out! I have the ice brackets also and I'm curious to see how you find them. :D
XOXO
GemGal

RabbleRouser

#3 Post by RabbleRouser »

after complaining about stained ligs, my ortho switched me to the teflon ties. they did not stain at all, but after 2 months they switched me to the regular wire ties, the teflon ones did not have the tensile strength to move teeth, after switching to regular wire I can tell you that I definitely felt the difference, my mouth was sore for 3 days after the last adjustment. If you do not feel pressure after adjustment with teflon ties, let your ortho know!

krooner

hmmm

#4 Post by krooner »

Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep a close watch on it for the next 8 weeks (my next adjustment). I noticed he had the assistant "tighten" the wires on the two front teeth (which are the most badly out of wack).

I thought the ligs/ties didn't matter much - that it was the archwire that made things tight. Also, I had heard that the ties put more pressure on the teeth from other people. Now I'm confused!