speech?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

flowrs04

speech?

#1 Post by flowrs04 »

I had my expander now for a week. I have a hard time talking ever since I've had the expander placed in. Im an insurance sales agent. My job is to sell policies and talk to customers. Am I going to talk like this till I have it taken off? I would like some advice. This week has been so hard for me at work. I sound like a dork when I talk. Please Help!

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Hi Flowrs04,

I know exactly how you feel, I thought the same thing as you. I can assure you though that it gets a lot better. I took the advice from this site to just keep talking and talking and............. It did finally work. I think I felt better after 2 weeks and then things improved bit by bit after that. Try talking slower and replace words that are difficult with different words.

Good Luck.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fitchick

#3 Post by fitchick »

Here it is...................

The Rainbow Passage

When the sunlight strikes raindrops in the air, they act like a prism and form a rainbow. The rainbow is a division of white light into many beautiful colours. These take the shape of a long round arch, with its path high above, and its two ends apparently beyond the horizon. There is, according to legend, a boiling pot of gold at one end. People look, but no one ever finds it. When a man looks for something beyond his reach, his friends say he is looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flowrs04

#4 Post by flowrs04 »

Hey guys thanks for the advice. I will definitly recite the rainbow passage.

IzzyCharm

#5 Post by IzzyCharm »

I've had my quadhelix for 11 days now and my speech has gotten almost back to normal. The rainbow poem REALLY has helped me. Best of luck.