hmm I was wondering...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

trequ

hmm I was wondering...

#1 Post by trequ »

So I was wondering what my ortho told me the other day..
Starting next month I was told they would be starting to fix my over bite which will be taking 8-9 months to fix..

Now to be honest as I was being told what they would be doing to my mouth.. all I kept thinking was "this sounds like it could be painful"

She said something about some wire? maybe.. with loops of some sort and a 90 degree angle?? And that it would be pulling my top 6 front teeth back to fill in the gaps where they pulled out my teeth..

Can anybody fill me in on whats going on?

Indalee

#2 Post by Indalee »

Hi treque. I have an overbite too that my ortho will be working on after all my teeth line up right. I already have bends in my upper and lower wires. They put bends and loops in wires to pull, push and move your teeth up and down. So basically archwires are “smartâ€