Single Crooked Front Tooth - recommendations?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

milknchees

Single Crooked Front Tooth - recommendations?

#1 Post by milknchees »

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback.

I'm 35 and have a single extremely crooked front upper tooth. For a single tooth that out of alignment are braces the only option? Are there any surgical/other options to rotate a single tooth? I'm very much wanting to get this one, fairly glaring problem fixed but, because of the severity of the crookedness, i've assumed some of the less obvious treatments wouldn't work (braces behind teeth or the "invisible" braces).

Thanks again,

Milk&Cheese

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

Oh Dear....how many of us started this trip one wonky tooth? The only way to get an answer for your question is to go see a couple of orthodontists. It may be a simple fix for you - and I hope it is - or it could be more complex. There is just no way to know. I went in about my overlaping front tooth and came out with a bite splint, a date for braces (next week) and a future surgery to expand the palate. I guess what I am trying to say is that you can's assume anything untill you see a professional.

milknchees

what i figured... but thanks

#3 Post by milknchees »

ya, i just need to suck it up and go get a professional opinion. obviously, changing even one tooth can affect the entire set.

eaglesoaring

#4 Post by eaglesoaring »

Yes, I agree with Delag. I, too, had more things to correct than I originally thought. I'm not sure where you live, but generally, here in the US, you can get a FREE consultation. And I recommend you get MORE than just one consultation.

Good luck!
:) eagle

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

I agree with the above comments. You might be absolutley right and only need that one tooth corrected. I have never heard of surgery to rotate a front tooth. I saw a little girl go to my ortho for a consult and her bite and teeth were good but she had just one front tooth that was very crooked. He told them that she only needed upper braces for about 10 months .
Remember the tooth might actually move and be aligned within 2-3 months and appear perfect but the surrounding bone needs time to "grow" around that tooth and keep it in that permament position.

Gennel

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Invisalign might work for you, but you'd need to have a consult to determine that. Lingual braces (behind the teeth) can do virtually anything regular braces can do. As a lingual wearer who had a rotated upper incisor, I can confirm that this has successfully been turned to line up where it should.

Like the others say, it's best to go and get a few consultations.

rsprouse

#7 Post by rsprouse »

If you truely do not have a malocclusion or your treatment goals are to bring that tooth into proper arch form then it may not be a big deal. If it is a small distance then Invisalign or even a removable appliance may be able to accomplish it. Or if brackets are the way to go it would be possible to only bracket a couple teeth and for a short period of time. But like others have said, you need a consultation.

Good Luck,
Rory

lillibut

#8 Post by lillibut »

Hehehehe!

I can totally identify with this. I too went to the ortho thinking it would just take one ceramic brace on my upper teeth to move one wonky annoying tooth. In my head I thought it would take about nine months.

I am due to get braced in two weeks time with both upper and lower braces, with treatment time of around twenty months and will probably need a crown or pretened tooth in a gap I had never even noticed!

Oh well! I figure that I may as well go for gold and get everything sorted at once!

The only way you can really find out is to make an appointment.

Good luck and keep us posted!

SDFD TSchott

#9 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Something that you can probley do is ask the same question here on a site I visit frequently before i found this site and asked questions. All my questions were answered by actual dental professionals and orthodontists.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ ... t&pageNo=1

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

momofbrock

#10 Post by momofbrock »

I got a retainer to fix one tooth. Fixed the problem really fast. Maybe that would work for you! :D