perfect timing??? noT!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

akabraces

perfect timing??? noT!

#1 Post by akabraces »

Sorry, I just posted but one other thing:

In case you didn't read my previous post, I added
lowers and a bite plate to my uppers ANDDDDD

just got told by someone that they like me and
want to kiss me!!!!!!! but i feel sooo insecure and
ugly!!! esp. b/c i didn't tell his person that i
got my new additions yesterday to my metal mouth!!!
is that perfect timing or what???

should i just give up on dating for a year or so???

*aka

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Just date them doesn't matter if you have braces or not. Sheesh people these days if someone wants to date you just cause you have braces then they need to get a life. If someone won't date you cause of braces they definantly need to get a life.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Drama Queen

#3 Post by Drama Queen »

Don't give up on dating at all - just go with it, tell the person what you have had done and if they get funny about it they aren't worth it! I still feel insecure and ugly with these braces and feel like no one will ever love me - but i still get kissed in braces! just act normal and everything should be ok.

Good luck!

Lau xx
Braced on 25 July 2006 Ceramic upper and lowers
Braces off on 3 April 2008

Ravishing

#4 Post by Ravishing »

I was insecure about kissing my husband with these things on but he didn't let me get away with it for too long. Now I don't even notice them and I know he really doesn't care about my braces.

Maybe when the time comes just be honest with the guy and tell him you're nervous about kissing since you got your braces on. I'm sure he would be willing to let you practice until you're more comfortable!!! :heart:
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

To quote the old John Prine song (if you don't know him, try to find him):

You are what you are,
You ain't what you ain't
So listem up sucker and listen up good
Stops wishing for bad luck and Knock on wood....

Seriously, if they saw you before the additions and had no problem, they shouldn't have any problems now. They might find it cute that you're having a few adjustment problems. If it freaks them out now just imagine how "serious" life changes will do them in later in life. It might also be nice to have someone to share the experience with if for not other reasons than to take progress pictures.

Go for it!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Samantha08

#6 Post by Samantha08 »

Why would you do that?? They obviously dont care that you have braces, and you shouldnt either! You shouldnt change your life because of braces, I say go for it!! If someone is too shallow that they wont date you because you have braces, then you are better off without them anyway!
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

niknikc

#7 Post by niknikc »

Why would you do that?? They obviously dont care that you have braces, and you shouldnt either! You shouldnt change your life because of braces, I say go for it!! If someone is too shallow that they wont date you because you have braces, then you are better off without them anyway!
My thoughts exactly!! You don't need people like that anyway! This has not been my experience though since having braces. I've noticed I've been asked out more since getting them than I ever had without them! :D
"Blessed are the peacekeepers for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9

Top Braces: 9-26-06
Bottom Braces: 11-29-06

DanceDiva

#8 Post by DanceDiva »

:D
I've met a lot more guys since I got braced. They always come up to me and say something like...I like your braces. How clever...hahaha!

But I don't mind talking about them. I think it gives people an easy start of topic for coversation.

Be proud of how you look! Braces are cute:-)

akabraces

#9 Post by akabraces »

hey diva!

thanks all for your supportive replies...the thing is, i DO like my braces and think i look cute in them, but this person specifically said, 'i'm not a fan of braces, but i like you so...' they were probably trying to be nice, but still...
it doesn't really matter b/c this is a superficial crush...the person is hot, but that's about it...so that's why i'm willing to sacrifice it b/c it's not
a deep connection in anyway...but i just hope i'm not running away b/c i'm deep down insecure about the braces...tough one to tease out...
it's just hard to get totally used to the whole metal mouth plus bite plate...it's alot of hardware in there!!! finally i'm sounding okay though speaking, so there's improvement in that, phew...but today someone was like, 'man, you have a retainer and braces? how much longer are you in those?' which made me not feel so good, since i have more than a year...
oh well...

*aka

DanceDiva

#10 Post by DanceDiva »

I know...I feel weird with rubberbands in the front of my mouth and people have a hard time understanding me. I also have people ask me how much longer I have to wear them...and I hate it when they ask that. I think it's just a natural question to ask but still. I feel your pain!

I've also found that if I say something positive about my braces...people usually get caught off guard.

Next time they ask how much longer...say something like "not long enough... i just love them...don't they make me look hot!"

Hang in there and smile big no matter what! :D :D :D :D

akabraces

yay dancediva!

#11 Post by akabraces »

dance diva!

i love your reply--thanks!!!!!!!!! what a good thing to say to someone...why are people so weirded out about braces being positive? like they expect me to be miserable, but i love them and i love the idea of how my teeth will look when it's all done!
what do you mean you have rubberbands in the front of your mouth? you mean one of those configurations when your front teeth have rubber bands on them? If so, what is that used for to correct??? thanks!

ta ta,

*aka

DanceDiva

#12 Post by DanceDiva »

The rubberbands in the front are on my canines and go straight down. Hmmm...hard to explain. Lets see...looks like I have two permanent strings of drool!!! haha GROSS

It's to fix my openbite and they're working great. Next is my overbite and I'm actually excited about it:-)