Things are Moving - I feel like Whining!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ravishing

Things are Moving - I feel like Whining!!

#1 Post by Ravishing »

I have one crooked tooth. Its next to my top front tooth on the right. I have no idea what its doing but it hurts. I'm pretty sure its changed position because I keep smashing it on my bottom teeth when I close my mouth and thats never happened before. It also hurts to brush and eat.
I'm happy that this tooth is on its way to straightening out but this is just annoying! Outside of cheek irritation and some aching here and there the past month has been relatively pain-free. Now I'm worried about how I might feel after my first adjustment next month.

Thanks for letting me whine.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

bip

#2 Post by bip »

Give me two weeks and i'll be whining with you! :lol: I am in spacers right now, get bands next week and bracket and wires the next. Anyhow, i could swear that even with the spacers things feel different! Last night I cracked my one front tooth, which is slightly crooked anyway, on a wine glass and thought - hey - that tooth just jumped out there and hit that glass! LOL. (I swear it was my first drink too) :wink: Anyhow, whine away - i'm with ya!

cbushnaq

#3 Post by cbushnaq »

This is the perfect place to complain since you will probably find someone who is having the same problems as you. I got braces 6 weeks ago and I now have a horrible open bite which I did not have before and I can only eat soft foods since I can no longer chew. Nor can I bite into anything. Oops, I guess I'm whining with you.
I hope it gets better and you don't get more problems after your first adjustment. So as Bip said whine away, I'm with you too!

Cindy

Zondrae

#4 Post by Zondrae »

yep this is the perfect place to whine away :lol:

So you feel better, I have a canine that is as sore as heck & making me miserable today. So you are not alone.

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Whine away.

We all get sore teeth along the way and there's only so much whingeing one can direct at our loved ones, who mostly do not wear braces or understand what we're going through.

Joanna20

#6 Post by Joanna20 »

Ya'll much better than me, I was awakened by my grandmother shouting that I was crazy for extracting a tooth for ortodontia... she has no idea the next one is on Tuesday lol... My mum doesn't believe that the gap will close either... it's really getting me frustraded :?

Good luck with ur crooked tooth though,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

The gaps will close, believe me. And you will have the last laugh.

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

Joanna, you'll prove them wrong soon enough!

and Ravishing, whine away. Sometimes we need to. I've spent the last 5 days whining to hubby about these darn wires sticking in me :D

Iceolated

#9 Post by Iceolated »

I think that everyone who has had braces (myself included) has experienced some form of pain or discomfort with braces.

Let's remember that the force our teeth use to crush, grind, chew and tear food means they have to be securely anchored in our jaws. That's great for eating a T-bone, but it makes it a long and sometimes painful process to move them to a new position.

I found my lower bracing less painful than my upper. Perhaps that's because I had an idea of how long the discomfort should last having had my uppers done 4 months previous.

This coming Tuesday I get my last tooth 'roped in' it's my upper second bicuspid on my right side (tooth #4). It has about 3/4 inches of travel before it lines up with the rest of my arch. I don't expect it will hurt much at all since that tooth has been 'floating' for about six months since the teeth crowding it were moved out the way. It is now so loose that I can wiggle it freely without any pain.

Yes, braces do sometimes cause a lot of discomfort and no I don't think people can understand it unless they've have their mouth wired like a bird cage.

I think braces a unique experience. They are a journey of self-improvement not just for aesthetic reasons but improved health as well. And like any self-improvement project there comes some discomfort be it physical or emotional.

Know this; the pain will subside and when you finally look in the mirror and see that your teeth are becoming closer and closer to a perfect arch you will realize that the journey is well worth it.

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth isn't one of them.

Cheers,

ICE.

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

Ravishing

#10 Post by Ravishing »

Thanks everyone! I'm brushing and eating much more carefully today. I did manage to smash my sore tooth while pointing it out to my husband and some friends tonight. That wasn't so smart!!! They felt bad but couldn't help laughing at me. I'm a complete and utter spaz sometimes!!

Joanna, I had 3 teeth extracted. You're very much not alone in this. Our gaps will close and our smiles will be perfect!! :D
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!