Food

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tracy729

Food

#1 Post by tracy729 »

What did everybody eat the first day they got there braces? I am a little hungry and I need some ideas.

Thanks

Jillianleab

#2 Post by Jillianleab »

Congrats on getting your braces! Here are some suggestions:

Mac & Cheese
Oatmeal
Any overcooked pasta
Canned fruit (especially peaches)
Soup
Mashed potatoes
Baked beans

Good luck!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Metamorphosis

#3 Post by Metamorphosis »

here's what i ate my first day:

yogurt
fruit and yogurt smoothie with protein powder
baked potato with cottage cheese

other things i ate in the first few days:

-scrambled eggs
-mashed or baked potatoes
-mac and cheese
-mexican food! bean and cheese enchilladas are goopy and filling and so easy to eat!
-soup
-chocolate, mmm melts in your mouth!

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

I ate noodles with chopped up (precooked) onion, capsicum (peppers) and grated cheese, followed by a fruit salad of chopped up stone fruit (without the stone, of course). That was lunch. I think dinner was grilled fish and steamed veggies (broccoli, pumpkin). And yogurt - because I love yogurt. And ricotta - I absolutely adore ricotta, can eat buckets of the stuff.

Natalie

#5 Post by Natalie »

on my first day i managed:

a baked potato with tuna mayo, tomato and herb rissotto with chicken wrapped in bacon (the meat was a bit difficult), a few crisps (not many!), 1 jelly bean that i had to suck so gave up and just swallowed! some soft garlic and cheese bread sticks with hummous and a skinny cow cornetto type thing that i had to hit with a tea spoon to break the cone off so could eat ice cream first and then the cone

i don't think anyone would recommend most of what i ate but hey i enjoyed it :)

i've been more sensible the last few days and have eaten very very soft little white baps with dairlea and sweetcure pork loin, tomato soup, cheesy puffs, corned beef hash (mashed potatoes mixed with corned beef) with lots of butter, mmm...also lots of soft cakes, i love cake! and been drinking a lot of horlicks too ( a hot malt drink) which has loads of vitamins in it. think that's about it, nothing too exciting...oh i did have some sweets today, naughty me! (only soft jelly type ones though and i did suck some of them :))

Tin Indian

#6 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D McDonalds McNuggets for lunch and Chinese for dinner! And may I note I made one heck of a Mess!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Ravishing

#7 Post by Ravishing »

I got some won ton soup on the way home and made spinach tetrazinni for supper that night. I think I had oatmeal for breakfast the next day, soup for lunch and steamed pork dumplings for dinner.
After that I was sick of eating soft stuff so I sucked it up and we went out for pizza!
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

newmetal

#8 Post by newmetal »

I had steak, friend onions, baguette and salad.

jessikah

#9 Post by jessikah »

about an hour after getting braced i had fried rice at the local shopping centre - bad move. lol. rice was lodged everywhere.

the first week or so my teeth and mouth were till very painful and i found it very hard to bite down on food. so i was having lots and lots of soup and jelly!

xtrememkovr

#10 Post by xtrememkovr »

Mashed potatoes from KFC. I have not eaten fast food in forever - but the thought of mashed taters really made me happy. It was the best meal I have ever had ... ever ever ever. :) No chewing necessary and warm and comforting. I won't do this every day - but I think this just might be my meal after my monthly tightening date with my darling DR. ;)

X.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson.

psychic

#11 Post by psychic »

firts 2 days:

Lots of vegetable soups
babyfood !! - the fruit jars and the paps (i don't know if this is the term)
yougurts
more yougurts
smashed bananas
milkshakes

when i was able to chew a little i started to eat some meat (spaghetti bolognese, meat bols, meat loaf....) and some fish.

Metal Braces

Lisa65

#12 Post by Lisa65 »

We had a Chinese, but it was a bad idea as i couldn't really chew the meat and ended up with bean sprouts wrapped round my wires and rice under my Nance! :(

bckydgardnr

#13 Post by bckydgardnr »

lots of yogurt and oatmeal...chefboyardee for lunch...overcooked noodles with parmesan...by the 2nd or 3rd day I could eat a McDonalds cheeseburger...by the weekend after getting my braces I fixed a chicken stew which everything was really soft

gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05