? Did anyone here.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Indian

? Did anyone here.

#1 Post by Tin Indian »

Good question for everybody here. Did anyone here decide to get braces strickly from reading this website? I for one did. If it wasn't for all your guy's posts and pictures, I would still be in the dark ages and never would have had the guts to see an ortho. KUDOS.
SORRY-double post
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Joel-

#2 Post by Joel- »

I actually decided to get invisalign before finding this site, however, once I was rejected for invisalign, I felt a lot better about the thought of becoming a "metal mouth" because of this site. :)

iBorg

#3 Post by iBorg »

I considred it but didn't think I was a candidate for it due to a root canal. I have found this site to be both educational and reassuring. Without it, I'd stil be cursing my smile frustrated that it couldn't get better. After five weeks I see progress and am VERY EXCITED!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Reading stuff on the board certainly gave me courage, but in a roundabout way it was invisalign that got me into braces. I was attracted to the concept and inquired about it at a periodic dental check last year. My dentist wrote me a referral to an ortho who does invisalign, lingual and regular braces. Going into that consult armed with some info from the board certainly helped me understand what was going on, to a certain extent anyway. Invisalign didn't work out, so it's braces for me. I couldn't have imagined myself doing this even 5 years ago.

tyrablu

#5 Post by tyrablu »

I can honestly say this site made me want to get braces. After years of not liking my smile due to gaps i was happy to find people who were not ashamed to fix their problems. Everyone I know who needs braces are too worried about how they will look with braces as opposed to how they will look after the braces.

SO thank you to everyone on this site for making the journey exicting and tolerable.

TB :D